OMR at 2014 Solo Nationals

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:43 pm

Rick has the PAX results up.

EAST

WEST

COMBINED OVERALL
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:03 am

Congrats to Chris Edens on the 5th place overall, he is an OMR friend from AR and usually comes up once or twice a year to play.

Two other "First Pagers" that also come out to OMR events, Andy Hohl (26th) and Frank Likert (49th), both making a strong showing.

Did anyone else notice the lack of "Street" tires near the top of the PAX? First one was 104th in STC then you had to go back to 230th place to find the first of the old Stock class cars on Street tires. Is this just a concrete vs. asphalt thing or are we going to see some changes in the PAX next year?
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:54 pm

i think both... sticky site impacted some, and I think we all expect to see some street tire classes with better pax values next year. Better to bring them in too low than too high. Also race tire classes tend to "sticker up" at nats helping them relative to street tires. Both courses were pretty fast as well. Especially the East course. That may have hurt street tires and low powered cars too... There are a few exceptions (like the crazy talent in CSP), but most of the top 100 has some power under the hood... I'm not whinning... just pointing out what someone else noted to me a few days ago 8) Personally, I thought they were the best nationals courses I've seen out of the 7 +/- events I've been too. Just Great courses!

A dash of rain here and there on friday could impact some.

Low Grip on "green" tuesday could impact some.

Chris Edens finishing 5th is a great result!

budweeks

Post by budweeks » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:42 pm

I noticed the same thing about the street tire classes. Hey, does this mean I get a better PAX next year? Whee! I hope SCCA doesn't screw around with my class too much.

Maybe I'll figure out how to drive my car to its utmost by next season.

Bud

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:57 am

Happened across some pics from the Nats taken by J Doctor. Couldn't find ES or CSP though.

http://public.fotki.com/jdoctor/2014-so ... nal-champ/

Matt Longpine
'88 MR2