Forrest Challenge

Motorsports banter, suggestions, ideas, and general armchair racing.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

fordfocusguy

Forrest Challenge

Post by fordfocusguy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:22 am

Thought I'd start the year off right. The first day I came to an autocross a couple years back at price cutter park, I saw a Blue SVT Focus, and loved it. I found out that a man with a beard named Forrest drove said car...

Well, now that I have my own Focus, (yeah, it's just a ZX3) I'm going to throw down the gauntlet. Focus vs Focus, Beard versus unbeard, mono e mono. Loser buys dinner at winner's choice of restaurant (Within reasonable college kid price range. :) )

Thought a little friendly competition would start the year off right. :)

I AM SO PUMPED FOR AUTOCROSS THIS YEAR!!!!!

PJ

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:42 pm

Ah, YEAH!

Hey! To go-along with the Spirit of this - what say you F-Stock guys, lets us go along on a contest like this eh?

Bud? ('07 Shelby GT)

Bob? ('10 Camaro SS)

Who else is talkin' F-Stock this year?

Is there gonna be a Throw-Down?
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

The Huff

Post by The Huff » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Bullitt2954 wrote:Ah, YEAH!

Hey! To go-along with the Spirit of this - what say you F-Stock guys, lets us go along on a contest like this eh?

Bud? ('07 Shelby GT)

Bob? ('10 Camaro SS)

Are you serious! The new Camaro is in F-stock. That's 100 more horse. They should be with the Vettes if you ask me.

I wish I could smack talk in ESP, but I never get better than 4th if Mark Opie and Korry show up. Oh what the hell, I'm smokin all you freaks this year! :twisted:
Justin Huffman
Asst. R.E.

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:27 pm

The Huff wrote:
Bullitt2954 wrote:Ah, YEAH!

Bud? ('07 Shelby GT)

Bob? ('10 Camaro SS)

Are you serious! The new Camaro is in F-stock. That's 100 more horse. They should be with the Vettes if you ask me.

I wish I could smack talk in ESP, but I never get better than 4th if Mark Opie and Korry show up. Oh what the hell, I'm smokin all you freaks this year! :twisted:
It also weighs like 400+lbs MORE than the Mustang - and most of that is over the nose. Also, seems to be a bit undersprung and under-bar'd, if you put any stock in what the 'zines say.

400+ hp is not really any different than the Terminator Cobras 420hp (F-Stock), or the SRT-8 Challengers 425hp (also F-Stock).

Now, the '11 Mustang GT with the Brembo brakes/handling pack, and 412hp may be something of a challenge (or for that matter, the 305hp V-6 with the MVR package in G-Stock!) - but not until 2011.

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

craigb

Post by craigb » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:01 pm

The Huff wrote:I wish I could smack talk in ESP, but I never get better than 4th if Mark Opie and Korry show up. Oh what the hell, I'm smokin all you freaks this year! :twisted:
When I can get away I'll be in ESP this year ('92 LX 5.0), I suck at driving and am really slow. Smack talk away. :lol:
Craig

The Huff

Post by The Huff » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:21 pm

If I can't beat a fox body set up for drag, then I'll quit. "Is that smack talk?"

Scott, I'm sure that 2011 5.0 has you thinking just as seriously as I have about a trade-in next year.
Justin Huffman
Asst. R.E.

craigb

Post by craigb » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:24 pm

That's pretty decent smack. :lol:

Actually the car isn't really setup for anything. The previous owners (I'm #5) installed a bunch of random parts.
Craig

fordfocusguy

Post by fordfocusguy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:38 pm

How about when I beat the Mustangs. Better watch it. OOhh, hows that for smack talk. See how many corvettes my mini minivan can take down too. OOOOHHHH oh no he diint!

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:56 pm

The Huff wrote:Oh what the hell, I'm smokin all you freaks this year! :twisted:
I can haz upgrades?

Oh and BTW, Opie has a new motor coming and Mark has a new lighter car. :D
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:59 pm

fordfocusguy wrote:How about when I beat the Mustangs. Better watch it. OOhh, hows that for smack talk. See how many corvettes my mini minivan can take down too. OOOOHHHH oh no he diint!
Settle down Beavis. :wink:

Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:46 am

fordfocusguy wrote:How about when I beat the Mustangs. Better watch it. OOhh, hows that for smack talk. See how many corvettes my mini minivan can take down too. OOOOHHHH oh no he diint!
Now, if only you can keep it on at least 3 wheels...........

"Oh no he DI'INT!"

The Huff

Post by The Huff » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:23 am

I can't wait to hear your car Korry. I'll have caster/camber plates and new rubber to start the season. Bet you're shakin now!LOL

FYI... Discount Tire Direct were 22 dollars cheaper than Tire Rack and had free shipping. I ordered 315's I hope they fit.
Justin Huffman
Asst. R.E.

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:33 am

Actually, the car might be quieter than last year.

I had to put a new exhaust on it (back half). One that actually has a muffler. The old one was just stupid loud with the headers.

I'll be on last year's tires until after the Evo school.
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP

The Huff

Post by The Huff » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:05 pm

The Huff wrote:I can't wait to hear your car Korry. I'll have caster/camber plates and new rubber to start the season. Bet you're shakin now!LOL

FYI... Discount Tire Direct were 22 dollars cheaper than Tire Rack and had free shipping. I ordered 315's I hope they fit.
I failed to mention, that was $22 cheaper per tire.
Justin Huffman
Asst. R.E.

fordfocusguy

Post by fordfocusguy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:09 am

Bullitt2954 wrote:
Now, if only you can keep it on at least 3 wheels...........

"Oh no he DI'INT!"
hahahaha. I don't think it went THAT far. Besides, I had to do something to make me more noticible. :)