Exhaust shops?

Motorsports banter, suggestions, ideas, and general armchair racing.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Nyal Goforth

Exhaust shops?

Post by Nyal Goforth » Fri May 15, 2015 12:24 pm

Hey all,
Trying to rap up my 91 Toyota Mr2 V6 swap, and I need exhaust. This is a mid engine car. I have maybe 18" to merge the two banks and the it has to go into a 90* and then double back into the muffler. It's very tight spot. If anyone has used or knows of a shop that would be capable of this job please let me know. Really want to get this car out to crowder. Thanks

SilverYota

Re: Exhaust shops?

Post by SilverYota » Fri May 15, 2015 12:50 pm

Not exactly an exhaust shop but they do custom work like this for all brands Taliaferro Imports in Springfield close to Chestnut and 65. These guys are really good, they even build custom headers to fit, and will have no issues getting an exhaust in your car. Now how backlogged/busy they are might not fit your time schedule, and please remember I said good not inexpensive.

Taking something like this to a muffler shop will probably have them complaining the entire time, but they would get it done. Muffler shop likely won't be super nice, clean looking exhaust like a good fabricator (Taliaferro or equivalent) would put out. Are you planning on keeping the car a long time? Stainless steel is expensive but would only ever be done once.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

mulkio

Re: Exhaust shops?

Post by mulkio » Sat May 16, 2015 7:58 am

Denver @ J and M Muffler might be able to do it. 1203 E. 7th street Joplin (417) 782-3822
J. MULKEY
17 WRX
# 8 DS