Crescent Classic Ferrari meet Sept. 13-16

Motorsports banter, suggestions, ideas, and general armchair racing.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

JimR

Crescent Classic Ferrari meet Sept. 13-16

Post by JimR » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:51 pm

There will be a lot of Ferraris bombing around the Ozarks September 13-16 for the annual Ferrari Crescent Classic in Eureka Springs.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showth ... p?t=147872

Our double-header autocross weekend is also September 15-16. Try not to embarrass them too much on your way to the event. They might not be used to getting passed.

I may drive over to Eureka on Friday after work to check out these machines. I know, I know, highway 62 between Rogers and Eureka is a painfully twisty and exciting road, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

crazy eddie

Re: Crescent Classic Ferrari meet Sept. 13-16

Post by crazy eddie » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:17 am

JimR wrote:I may drive over to Eureka on Friday after work to check out these machines. I know, I know, highway 62 between Rogers and Eureka is a painfully twisty and exciting road, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice.
Except for the construction area where they are ruining the road.
Taking out painfully twisty and exciting road! How Rude !!! :wink:

Well with this news it sounds like I may be going down and visiting Sonny's that weekend.

Thanks for the heads up Master Jim. :D

I emailed the event coordinator and extended an invite for Saturday to race some cones. ;) They are supposed to be in Branson Sat. afternoon - ya' never know. hehehe

crazy eddie

Post by crazy eddie » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:40 am

me is thinking of a road trip after the saturday event is completed.

anyone else interested in invading ESA and snapping some shots of the stallions?

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:02 am

my camera and i say yes 8)
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

vdub kirk

Post by vdub kirk » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:31 pm

really! some are supposed to be in branson? is that just a forced/desired pass through or they have agreed to post up somewhere for awhile? branson chamber of commerce and the local papers DO NOT give one crap about car events. we get maybe 15 car related and 15 bike related events each summer, but you wont find out unless you hunt it down. then, the following week, on like a wed, the paper will say "hope you had fun at the car rally/show/cruise/auction last weekend and have one pic of the worst car there. i hate those fools. so does anyone know of a set place to go drool on other people's whips? me likey prancing ponies!
duffstudswoop in a jetta 1.8t
some say the outline of his left areola is the exact same as the Nurburgring Nordschleife. . . all we know is . . . he's called, "The Stig!"

crazy eddie

Post by crazy eddie » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:49 pm

Since they will be in Branson and gone before the AX is done, I will be travelling to Eureka down scenic 23 and shoot the stallions in the Crescent Hotel parking area. :wink: Then I hope to catch a few out on a cruise but am not counting on that.

Crazy_Dog
Location: Hangin out at the Stick, lookin at a thing in a bag

Post by Crazy_Dog » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:20 am

see my announcement about the 15th being canceled. the 16th is on. but the Saturday part is canceled!!! :(
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

- Jonathan Fessenden, - OMR Board Member

JimR

Post by JimR » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:44 pm

These cars will be corralled one more time on Saturday evening after they get back from Branson. Don't fool around and miss them!

Well worth the trip over to Eureka Springs.

US62 was clear of traffic on the way home, and I discovered what a capable chassis the G20 has on twisty backroads. The great weather made for a brisk and gorgeous drive back.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD