A Moment of Silence...

Motorsports banter, suggestions, ideas, and general armchair racing.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

AutoXChris

A Moment of Silence...

Post by AutoXChris » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:50 pm

To remember a fallen driver and personal hero.

R.I.P Colin McRae
1968-2007

The former rally driving champion Colin McRae was killed and his five year-old son feared dead in a helicopter crash yesterday (it's Sunday now in the UK) afternoon. The aircraft came down in Jerviswood, Lanarkshire, half a mile from the family;s home and burst into flames just after 4pm.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 461339.ece
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

JimR

Post by JimR » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:16 pm

Burns, Lovell, Freeman, Park, and now McRae. Britain's best rally talent all gone in just a short period. Unbelievable.

McRae was especially iconic, the Schumacher of WRC.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:54 pm

For those of you whom have never seen him work... Here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci_p6ulyTRg

Kinda sums up the way he has always driven!

Smooth as ice, and never stops for anything!
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

Ninja

Post by Ninja » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:08 pm

:( .....fucking why....

With all that has happened recently in the auto racing world and now McRae dies......

I want out...

crazy eddie

Post by crazy eddie » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:41 am

R.I.P Colin McRae
1968-2007

As I have had to come to terms with recently, death is part of life. It's not pleasent or even understood but just a fact. IMO For the soul, it is one door opening and another door closing. This holds true for the souls left in this realm. Now that Colin has moved on, another young soul can aspire to his greatness before moving on. I feel sorry for the realm Colin has elevated to. If they let him loose in a WRC up there ... :shock:

God's Speed Colin, if that is fast enough for you. :D

vdub kirk

Post by vdub kirk » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:13 pm

this is really sad. a good guy doing good things for people other than himself. sad to see him go. its seems to be goin around recently, for me and for others. one of the greats, too. i remember the first times i ever saw the WRC. i would stay up crazy late on school nights to watch that and formula 1 on speed channel. watching him made me realize that WRC drivers are some of the best. always on the knife edge of a psychotic crash. loved it instantly. i liked his style. how he seemed to have more "style" in turns than other guys and than was necessary to stay fast but when the stage ended, he turned in the best time. fast in, fast over the apex, faster out. just FAST. R.I.P. colin you will be missed
duffstudswoop in a jetta 1.8t
some say the outline of his left areola is the exact same as the Nurburgring Nordschleife. . . all we know is . . . he's called, "The Stig!"

drivehard

Post by drivehard » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:25 pm

I was trully devesated. But even worse than Colin dying, is that his 5 yr old son, that never got to experience life unfold, let alone race, passed away. What a travisty! :cry:

Colin is a true kindred spirit, and will never leave our thoughts, and/or our hearts. GIVE UM HELL COLIN. :twisted:
CRUX[kruks] 1. of perplexing difficulty. 2. the essential or most important point.

DRIVE HARD, DRIVE FAST, DON'T MISS YOUR POINT!!!!