TOPEKA or Bust

Motorsports banter, suggestions, ideas, and general armchair racing.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

crazy eddie

Re: Nationals

Post by crazy eddie » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:51 pm

budweeks wrote:Ed, I didn't know you were moonlighting as a NASCAR pit crew member!

Bud
Well nothing official but I did ask for a job several times. LOL. There was this guy that stopped by my work whose company is a sponsor of the Woods Bros./JTG Racing. He hooked myself & 3 guys from with Hot Passes. We toured the garages and watched the cars pass thru tech, then we ate lunch at the crew motorhome (had steak & chicken yum yum) then watched teh race from pit road. At one point, one of our guys stepped up on pit wall and snapped pics of teh pit crew during a 4 tire change. Only got 8-9 shots before they were done and heading back over the wall. It was an awesome expirience. The guy called us today and asked if we were treated alright. We told him we planned on attending again next year but the stands would be a big let down and he told us that if his company continued with NEXTEL Cup next year he might be able to work something out again. :wink:

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:59 pm

noice :)
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

vdub kirk

Post by vdub kirk » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:04 pm

Yeah, seriously, good job at nationals fellas. Pleasure doing events with some skilled vets. thanks for bringing some bragging rights back to the humble omr.
duffstudswoop in a jetta 1.8t
some say the outline of his left areola is the exact same as the Nurburgring Nordschleife. . . all we know is . . . he's called, "The Stig!"

f1race79

Re: Nationals

Post by f1race79 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:01 am

crazy eddie wrote:
budweeks wrote:Ed, I didn't know you were moonlighting as a NASCAR pit crew member!

Bud
Well nothing official but I did ask for a job several times. LOL. There was this guy that stopped by my work whose company is a sponsor of the Woods Bros./JTG Racing. He hooked myself & 3 guys from with Hot Passes. We toured the garages and watched the cars pass thru tech, then we ate lunch at the crew motorhome (had steak & chicken yum yum) then watched teh race from pit road. At one point, one of our guys stepped up on pit wall and snapped pics of teh pit crew during a 4 tire change. Only got 8-9 shots before they were done and heading back over the wall. It was an awesome expirience. The guy called us today and asked if we were treated alright. We told him we planned on attending again next year but the stands would be a big let down and he told us that if his company continued with NEXTEL Cup next year he might be able to work something out again. :wink:

You looking for any new friends???? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Julius Miller
Little Rock, AR
07 Habby Civic SI
83 280ZX
Trying to build a full-time racer.