Semper Fi Act of 2008

Motorsports banter, suggestions, ideas, and general armchair racing.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Crazy_Dog
Location: Hangin out at the Stick, lookin at a thing in a bag

Semper Fi Act of 2008

Post by Crazy_Dog » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:33 am

If anyone finds this offensive or that I shouldn't use the omr forums to freely express my opinions or propagate my propaganda....

:roll:

hehe

Here is something worth repeating in a endless chain to everyone you know.

Berkley California
The City Council of Berkeley voted to oust Marine Corps recruiters from their downtown office, saying the Marines were "uninvited and unwelcome intruders." Berkeley officials also voted to give the radical protest group Code Pink space outside the recruitment office and urged them to "impede, passively or actively" the work of Marine Corps recruiters.

After the news of the councils decision started making the national spotlight painting them in a negative way, Senators started work on the "Semper Fi Act of 2008" which in short says that if a city government is going to encourage people to "impede passively" (which would be protests) or "actively"
(which to Quote one of the coke pink "leaders"
"""""Wouldn't you go to jail to end a war?""""")

Then the Federal Government should remove that city's special Funding!

(2 million dollars worth of special funding.)

""Berkeley City Council members voted to rescind a letter to the Marine Corps recruitment office asking them to leave town, but left in place a provision that encourages "all people to avoid cooperation with the Marine Corps recruiting station, and applaud residents and organizations such as Code Pink" that "impede, passively or actively" the work of military recruiters. Berkeley also voted against a formal apology to the Marine Corps and will still allow Code Pink a special parking space in front of the recruitment office to conduct weekly protests. """

To sign the petition and encourage congress to pass the measure

https://www.aclj.org/Petition/Default.aspx?SC=3320&AC=1

For more reading and both sides of the story
http://olotliny.wordpress.com/2008/02/1 ... berkely-ca

In short Freedom of speech is allowing people to say what they believe regardless if your pro-military or anti-military.

But for a City government to *encourage* anarchy and still be funded by state and federal dollars is insane.
Funds have been permanently removed for far less.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

- Jonathan Fessenden, - OMR Board Member

magilson

Re: Semper Fi Act of 2008

Post by magilson » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:57 pm

Crazy_Dog wrote:If anyone finds this offensive or that I shouldn't use the omr forums to freely express my opinions or propagate my propaganda....

:roll:

hehe

Here is something worth repeating in a endless chain to everyone you know.

Berkley California
The City Council of Berkeley voted to oust Marine Corps recruiters from their downtown office, saying the Marines were "uninvited and unwelcome intruders." Berkeley officials also voted to give the radical protest group Code Pink space outside the recruitment office and urged them to "impede, passively or actively" the work of Marine Corps recruiters.

After the news of the councils decision started making the national spotlight painting them in a negative way, Senators started work on the "Semper Fi Act of 2008" which in short says that if a city government is going to encourage people to "impede passively" (which would be protests) or "actively"
(which to Quote one of the coke pink "leaders"
"""""Wouldn't you go to jail to end a war?""""")

Then the Federal Government should remove that city's special Funding!

(2 million dollars worth of special funding.)

""Berkeley City Council members voted to rescind a letter to the Marine Corps recruitment office asking them to leave town, but left in place a provision that encourages "all people to avoid cooperation with the Marine Corps recruiting station, and applaud residents and organizations such as Code Pink" that "impede, passively or actively" the work of military recruiters. Berkeley also voted against a formal apology to the Marine Corps and will still allow Code Pink a special parking space in front of the recruitment office to conduct weekly protests. """

To sign the petition and encourage congress to pass the measure

https://www.aclj.org/Petition/Default.aspx?SC=3320&AC=1

For more reading and both sides of the story
http://olotliny.wordpress.com/2008/02/1 ... berkely-ca

In short Freedom of speech is allowing people to say what they believe regardless if your pro-military or anti-military.

But for a City government to *encourage* anarchy and still be funded by state and federal dollars is insane.
Funds have been permanently removed for far less.
Yeah. I read about that last week.

My thoughts:

The city, while run by the people, should not be pleading with it's citizen's to participate in one way or another a matter which should be left up to the individual. On the other hand it is the right of the people to assemble to file grievances. In this case the assembly would be the people of this city.

Now here's where my "I hate governmental collusion" side comes out. The real situation is that there are people in the city who do not want their fellow residents to join the Marine Corp for obvious reasons whether you agree with them or not. They should be allowed to protest. period. Should they be able to block the door? no. If a potential recruit can't make it past a few angry moms I DO NOT want him/her in the Marines. Sorry.

So then they create this act to among other things remove funding from a city because the military is allowed in. Um. Why is a city's funding dependent on a marine recruiting center? Is it that trivial as to stake it on something so unimportant? It's a game played by people with nothing to loose.

So. Stop funding a city federally based on military presence. And don't worry about a bunch of old ladies so long as they aren't blocking the door. If they are arrest them for entrapment or however you want to phrase keeping a free person from moving about freely and move on with your day.

end.

And blow up the ACLU and start it over.

okay end.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

Crazy_Dog
Location: Hangin out at the Stick, lookin at a thing in a bag

Re: Semper Fi Act of 2008

Post by Crazy_Dog » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:19 pm

magilson wrote:If a potential recruit can't make it past a few angry moms I DO NOT want him/her in the Marines. Sorry.

hehe nice :)

Its not about the marines, that honestly is the tool being used to get the point across, the real issue I have is with a city government breaking from the pack and becoming rouge by encouraging behavior that is if you look at it in the right way terroristic.
Terroristic meaning that if you don't get your way, lets start cutting phone lines and knocking over speakers and ect ect. they might not be using car bombs but the attitudes are the same.

The marines should be free to recruit wherever they please.

People are and should be free to *protest* the marines wherever they please.

City governments should be punished for encouraging discourse and any illegal activity's no matter how insignificant the activity's may seem.

If the city of Ozark encouraged people to speed if they are going to be late for work so they didn't loose there jobs. how different would that be?

Some people are upset that the city gave code pink the permit to protest the marines, I'm not sure what I think about that. I think its dirty politics at best, but since when did anyone care about dirty politics.... if the people want to elect officials who will support there causes fine, let the city ofifials present bias in favor of the peoples views, thats why they got elected.

But the city crossed the line when it encouraged public disobedience.
$2 million out of the billions they get aint much anyway. Slap on the wrist if you ask me.
its like me getting a hundred dollar fine.

:)
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

- Jonathan Fessenden, - OMR Board Member