Local mugs in Grassroots Motorsports

Motorsports banter, suggestions, ideas, and general armchair racing.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

JimR

Local mugs in Grassroots Motorsports

Post by JimR » Thu May 01, 2008 7:55 pm

You guys might want to check out the current (June) issue of GRM.

In the "Pros versus Schmoes" cover article about Spec Miata prep and racing, you can catch a couple of glamor shots featuring OMR's Sam Henry and Derek Gresham. Also, Chris Edens from Little Rock is on the cover.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

f1race79

Photo

Post by f1race79 » Fri May 02, 2008 7:15 am

If you buy a Miata you can get your picture on the cover of Rolling Stone....... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Julius Miller
Little Rock, AR
07 Habby Civic SI
83 280ZX
Trying to build a full-time racer.

CivicSiguy

Post by CivicSiguy » Fri May 02, 2008 9:03 am

Chuck "ZoomZoom" was telling me about that article. I'm going to pick up a a copy. I heard that's a great magazine for autocrossers anyways.

Hey Julius, are you gonna be at the next points event? I wanna see the Habby go!!!
Don Peak
STX 225
08' Civic Si

VTEC = u got owned

killerbracing

Post by killerbracing » Sat May 03, 2008 7:22 pm

Met Sam this afternoon. Great guy. Just got done reading the GRM article. Sam is right about the oil levels. In fact, Dale Earnhardt Sr used to build his motors to run 5 psi of oil pressure. You just need enough to get everything wet. I sell alot of high volume and high pressure oil pumps to various engine builders. All you get installing one of those over a stock pump is, you pump all the oil into the heads. That's worse on bearings than running low on oil! :wink:
driving-permit home-schooling aquaculture dmv electricians prescription ANXIETY phlebotomy doctor medical-transcriptionist nurse-assistant mortician colleges dwi-attorney automobile-transport insurance-dept without-a-prescription cosmetic-surgeons paralegals collages marriage-liscense medical-assistants bridal-shops Xenical cpa-exam emt-basic pug-breeders education honda-dealerships sonography jeep-dealers fioricet optician agriculture richest-people visas used-trucks swinger-clubs photography-schools nurse-practitioners
Last edited by killerbracing on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corolla DRiveR

Post by Corolla DRiveR » Sat May 17, 2008 9:49 pm

dang ya beat me to it. Im lazy anyway. good eye. I only saw Sam. I think the corolla is the same way with oil. just about a quarter of the way down from full on the dipstick it runs best.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington