New Local Track?!?!?!

Motorsports banter, suggestions, ideas, and general armchair racing.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:29 pm

Here is a link to the latest article in the Marshfield Mail about the track.

http://www.marshfieldmail.com/articles/ ... 151388.txt
Last edited by Aaron on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
1990 Honda Civic Si ITA/H4/PA #47

scoTT

Post by scoTT » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:32 pm

Aaron wrote:A local series like COMMA at Hallett (where I race) that runs once a month would be awesome!
I think that would be fine and all as long as it was only once a month.... and dont have so many classes that it takes a whole weekend to run.... I think if they had a small "local" 10 lap race, once a month, before some big event... that would be fine.... if it was every weekend, then there would be no time for what we all want to see is big time events....The country club idea would be great as well I think...... not sure If I would be able to afford it, but Im sure Im not the type that they are building it for.... let the really loaded guys pay for the place and us poor guys get to watch some good live road racing...

If it was up to me they would build the track and let me run on it all I want for free but we all know that wont be happening.... nor should it...
Scott Mahaffey FSP 187
2007 VW Rabbit 2.5l

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:13 am

scoTT wrote:If it was up to me they would build the track and let me run on it all I want for free but we all know that wont be happening.... nor should it...
but if we meet say around 12 am and cruise out the backside of my property and they don't have fences up yet, we could ... :twisted: :lol:

A touring club would suit me fine for a local race venue and then actual event every 3-4 weeks.

I am still hopeful they put in a straight shot bypass at the west end of the straight to make of a longer run off area and consider making a real 1/4 strip at the east end. Then drawing enough participants and spectators wouldn't be a problem.
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:45 am

Unstable wrote: but if we meet say around 12 am and cruise out the backside of my property and they don't have fences up yet, we could ... :twisted: :lol:
HAHA, at the board meeting (showed up cause i was having dinner with nate at JJ's and figured i would stop by)... They where actually joking about seeing muddy Honda tire marks headed from your house onto the course! :lol: :lol:
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:23 am

and Cavalier. :lol:

killerbracing

Post by killerbracing » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:48 pm

This topic is all speculation of course! But this is the biggest topic among ALL area racers. Circle Track guys, local guys that have race ready road course cars, and even new guys looking to get into the sport.
The only guys I know that are tight lipped about it are local track promoters.

This is a hot topic! Hopefully, we'll hear that the land got closed, the dozers are moving and they have a website where we can bounce questions directly off of the investors! 8)
Speculum Smoking Bukkake Leather Group-Sex British Ass-to-Mouth Feet Ebony Drunk Fucking Boss Hot-Mom Stripper Beaver Sex Fireman Big-Black-Cock Lick Missionary Amateur Brazilian Tits Party Skinny Ethnic Throat-Fucked Cum-Covered Ass-Fucking Backseat Redhead Asshole Housewife Hardcore Upskirt Deepthroat Oriental Sister Big-Cock Pool
Last edited by killerbracing on Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killerbracing

Post by killerbracing » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:52 pm

Is this deal set to close yet? The day this land deal closes, and the earthmovers are going, it's party time at my shop and you all are invited! 8)

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:56 pm

Well it hasn't closed yet, still shows to be undercontract. I have a friend that is trying to find out a closing date for me. Has anyone heard when they will be having anymore meetings about the track? I would love to go and sit in on the meeting to find out a little more about what is going on. How many guys do we have in this area that currently roadrace?
1990 Honda Civic Si ITA/H4/PA #47

killerbracing

Post by killerbracing » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:07 pm

Aaron wrote:Well it hasn't closed yet, still shows to be undercontract. I have a friend that is trying to find out a closing date for me. Has anyone heard when they will be having anymore meetings about the track? I would love to go and sit in on the meeting to find out a little more about what is going on. How many guys do we have in this area that currently roadrace?
Legally? 8) There are more guys than you think. And there are alot more guys with wheel to wheel seat time than you would estimate. :wink:
What the SCCA needs to do right now is a school. In the ducks stadium or the fairgrounds or a wal-mart parking lot. Hell, dodging cones isn't the same as rubbing fenders. There are dirt tracks closing for the season. Most of the owners will re-carve their ovals into short road courses.

One Saturday if planned right and the OMR could hand out licenses! :shock:

Ted Wells

Post by Ted Wells » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:26 pm

To answer your last question first...probably 20 to 25 in various places around the Ozarks and several of them are not members of OMR.

I caution everyone....even if the track's developers close on the property in the near future.....there is a tremendous amount of planning and engineering work which must be completed BEFORE the earthmovers (mentioned in an earlier post) can start rolling.

While we're all waiting.....you might want to check out the following websites.....

www.highplainsraceway.com - new track 60 miles east of Denver; construction just starting

www.eaglescanyonraceway.com - new track north of Denton, TX which came on line in 2007

www.millermotorsportspark.com - very high dollar facility near Salt Lake City which began operating in 2006 (I think;) some of the principals there are consulting on the Marshfield project

www.racemph.com - Motorsports Park - Hastings (Nebraska)...MIDIV's newest track although it hasn't been used much by SCCA groups

www.midamericamotorplex.com - newish track near Council Bluffs, IA; I haven't checked lately but I think Sam Henry still owns the Spec Miata lap record there

www.hallettracing.net - good ol' Hallett...been around a long time now and always manages to keep its doors open

These are facility websites....not SCCA or racing websites. Those interested are encouraged to check out the sort of programs these motorsport facilities offer.

Ted Wells

Post by Ted Wells » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:27 pm

To answer your last question first...probably 20 to 25 in various places around the Ozarks and several of them are not members of OMR.

I caution everyone....even if the track's developers close on the property in the near future.....there is a tremendous amount of planning and engineering work which must be completed BEFORE the earthmovers (mentioned in an earlier post) can start rolling.

While we're all waiting.....you might want to check out the following websites.....

www.highplainsraceway.com - new track 60 miles east of Denver; construction just starting

www.eaglescanyonraceway.com - new track north of Denton, TX which came on line in 2007

www.millermotorsportspark.com - very high dollar facility near Salt Lake City which began operating in 2006 (I think;) some of the principals there are consulting on the Marshfield project

www.racemph.com - Motorsports Park - Hastings (Nebraska)...MIDIV's newest track although it hasn't been used much by SCCA groups

www.midamericamotorplex.com - newish track near Council Bluffs, IA; I haven't checked lately but I think Sam Henry still owns the Spec Miata lap record there

www.hallettracing.net - good ol' Hallett...been around a long time now and always manages to keep its doors open

These are facility websites....not SCCA or racing websites. Those interested are encouraged to check out the sort of programs these motorsport facilities offer.