Thank You Ozark Mountain Region

Motorsports banter, suggestions, ideas, and general armchair racing.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

JimR

Thank You Ozark Mountain Region

Post by JimR » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:05 pm

I want to thank everyone locally who made it to the Neosho divisional autocross over the weekend of July 11-12. We just pulled off one of the most fun, efficient, and successful events in the history of Ozark Mountain Region.

It was no magic, just a total effort from a dedicated group of locals. Like I've said before, this is a volunteer-run sport, and anyone willing to lend a hand can make a major difference. Our team of chiefs and helpers ranged from just a few months of autocross experience to several decades. Everyone stepped up and did an awesome job, and I appreciate that hugely.

Your hard work didn't go unnoticed, either. We had a turnout representing seven states, largely comprised of people who are top drivers and fixtures in their home regions. Not a bad group to impress.

For example, Rocky Entriken from Salina Region told me this was one of the best divisionals he has ever attended. This is the same Rocky Entriken who was featured in SportsCar last month for having attended every single Solo2 National Championship ever held (think early 1970s). So yeah, he's been to a few autocrosses, and that is high praise for our efforts.

To our OMR regulars, Crowder College, the crew at Reliable Imports, spouses, friends, and other local sponsors and supporters: be proud of what we've done, because word is going to get around. 2010 will be here faster than you think...
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:41 am

Congrats to the many OMR members who worked so hard to make this happen. And special thanks to Jim R and Matt L for their leadership.

Although I was unable to attend I have already received several complimentary messages from outside OMR. This last weekend reflects very well on everyone in Ozark Mountain Region.

Jim, you the man !! ....Matt you to !!

Curtis
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE
curtisATthiscrazygarageDOTcom