'09 "100 Acre Wood" Performance Rally

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Ted Wells

'09 "100 Acre Wood" Performance Rally

Post by Ted Wells » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:10 am

The '09 edition of the "100 Acre Wood" performance rally will be run Friday/Saturday, Feb. 27/28 in the Salem-Potosi-Viburnum area. Complete details can be found at www.100aw.org.

Last year, more than 50 teams competed, and between 40 and 50 are expected again this year.

Tech inspection is scheduled for Friday morning at the Dent Co. fire station in Salem. The rally entrants then move to Lions' Park in Potosi for the afternoon and early evening competition stages. Saturday morning's activities will start at 4th St. & Main in Salem, while the Dent Co. school complex in Viburnum will serve as the rally service area for Saturday afternoon/evening's stages.

A performance rally is really something to see assuming the weather is halfway decent. The event is run over mostly unpaved county and private roads closed to public traffic. For spectators, it helps to have navigation equipment to assist in locating the rally stages and spectator areas out in the boonies.

JimR

Post by JimR » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:41 am

I'm going up that Friday with some of my buddies. It will be nice to do something that's not work (work work, car work, club work, blog work etc.). ;)

I've gone before, but just as a day trip. It's very rally for spectators, too. You have to plan what you're doing and which spectator zones you want to visit. This time I'll be up there early enough to see the night stages.

Pastrana, Block, and Mirra add a little household recognition, too. That is, if your household is into extreme sports.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

magilson

Post by magilson » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:44 am

I'll be headed there as well with a few fellow Springfieldians. And I have a few friends from Minnesota that will be there as well.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI