Dominic Arbeitman passing

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

redazz

Dominic Arbeitman passing

Post by redazz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:46 pm

I am sure many of you remember Dominic (Nick) Arbeitman from the kc region , he autocrossed in c street with omr many times the last few years.
I was informed this morning that Nick had passed away over the weekend , the family asked me to let others in the club know , and I will be passing along funeral information as soon as available.
John

mulkio

Re: Dominic Arbeitman passing

Post by mulkio » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:12 am

I met Nick at an autocross about 4 years ago. He showed up with an new Frs running against me in C street. Being competitive, I probably didn't give him the warmest welcome. That didn't stop him from being friendly to me, and we became pretty good friends. We shared his Frs when my Rx8 wasn't running, and then co-drove the Rx8 when he needed to haul some stuff in his other car. He had offered to house my family anytime we were heading to KC. I wish I had taken him up on that! OMR, KC, the SCCA, and his Family lost a good guy. Nick, you will be missed!
J. MULKEY
17 WRX
# 8 DS

Kent

Post by Kent » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:03 pm

I always enjoyed spending time with Nick!

He had a contagious positive attitude!

The autocross community is an awesome one, so many folks that are special in your life. You only realize the impact they have made when they are gone.

Miss you already

redazz

Post by redazz » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:34 am

memorial services for Nick
Visitation will be Monday, Jan. 15, 2018 from 7-8pm at Gorman-Scharpf Funeral Home in Springfield, with a graveside service at 1pm, Tuesday, Jan 16, 2018 at Missouri Veterans Cemetery, 5201 S. Southwood Rd, Springfield, MO.

flogger

Post by flogger » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:49 pm

Weather was awful and roads were icy keeping attendance down for Nick's Monday night visitation. Still, OMR was represented there by Tim Datema, Matt Longpine and myself. It was nice to meet some of Nick's family, and also some of his disc golf buddies. Also, I arranged for a mention of Nick on the National Autocross News memoriam page, and on their Facebook page.

http://naxn.org/in-memoriam
https://www.facebook.com/autoxnews/
Scott Woosley