Thank you Stan, Matt & Jim - Evo School

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Gmcnabb

Thank you Stan, Matt & Jim - Evo School

Post by Gmcnabb » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Just a note to say Thanks to everyone who organized and worked very hard on getting and running the Evo School for our Region. With some people working on set on Friday along with those who where there before daylight it all worked GREAT.

It was a fun, stressful, irating at times, sometimes on the run. Even in the rain was helpful! It forced you to used the things we were taught to keep up the good lap times.

Learn many, many things, just hope I can remember them at the next autocross :D

It was some of the best money I have spend on my car !

Gregg

stanbell

Post by stanbell » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:46 pm

Thanks, Greg. team effort. glad it went smoothly, and especially glad you felt like it was time well spent.
66 mustang, 72 124 fiat FProduction, 91 miata ES/STS, 95 mustang SM, 97 F150, 99 Neon SF (yes!), 00 911 C4 AS, 05 CLK500, 05 triumph speed four, 06 F250, 07 ducati 1098, 13 330i, & a few cows. 93 miata ES now in Mr France's capable hands, long may she autox.

stanbell

Post by stanbell » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:47 pm

Thanks, Greg. team effort. glad it went smoothly, and especially glad you felt like it was time well spent.
66 mustang, 72 124 fiat FProduction, 91 miata ES/STS, 95 mustang SM, 97 F150, 99 Neon SF (yes!), 00 911 C4 AS, 05 CLK500, 05 triumph speed four, 06 F250, 07 ducati 1098, 13 330i, & a few cows. 93 miata ES now in Mr France's capable hands, long may she autox.

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:45 pm

Thank you Greg for the compliments and I hope everyone had a great time and learned a lot this weekend. It is amazing how you can read about these things that you are being taught in many different books, but having great instructors in the car can improve your execution of all of the techniques that we should be using. I definitely agree about it being good money spent.

Thank you so much Stan, for all of the work you put into this. Besides giving up the entire weekend to working at this event, it was Stan that initially contacted EVO, then acted as the liaison for OMR, ran the interest poll on the forums to see if we could pull enough entrants, setup food and drink for the day, and the list goes on from there. I know that this event would not have even happened if it were not for him.

I would also like to thank the Safety Stewards Scott and Jeanie Creech, and a couple of others OMR volunteers Jim Rowland, Natasha Longpine, Bobby Jason, and Korry Berger. They all came out there on days that they were not even running to help. I know that this must be sounding like an awards show by now, but besides everyone that helps with setup or tear down (you all know who you are), I would like to thank one last person by name, Tim Datema. Even after 2 days of working to chase cones at almost every moment that he wasn't in the car, he came over to help chase cones while many others made fun runs (even though he made none), then continued helping until the doors were shut on the trailer. I know that this was much appreciated by many.

Anyhow it was a great time, and I hope a positive experience for all involved.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

budweeks

Post by budweeks » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:58 am

I just wish to echo what has already been said. It was a great learning experience. And it was fun. It helps that my final run was probably the best of the whole weekend. It wasn't timed, but it felt like I had applied at least some of what I was trying to learn and practice all weekend in each part of the course.

Thanks to Stan for starting this and in shepherding it through, and for running the clocks all weekend. Thanks to Matt, Jim, Natasha, Scott, Jeanie, and the others that made it all work. The three instructors, Andy, Mark, and Tim, were all top notch. I learned something of value from each.

Now to put it all to use.

Bud

JimR

Post by JimR » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:02 am

I could expand at length, but I fear I would repeat much of what has been said.

These Evo sessions went well because we have friendly, hard-working people representing the site, school, and club.

As long as the weather cooperates, this bodes well for the rest of the year. 8)
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

Andy

Post by Andy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:42 am

budweeks wrote:I just wish to echo what has already been said. It was a great learning experience. And it was fun. It helps that my final run was probably the best of the whole weekend. It wasn't timed, but it felt like I had applied at least some of what I was trying to learn and practice all weekend in each part of the course.

Thanks to Stan for starting this and in shepherding it through, and for running the clocks all weekend. Thanks to Matt, Jim, Natasha, Scott, Jeanie, and the others that made it all work. The three instructors, Andy, Mark, and Tim, were all top notch. I learned something of value from each.
Now to put it all to use.

Bud
Bud,
I highlighted part of your quote because as a former student, this is what I think made the Evo schools work so well for me. You get a couple different perspectives on really the same information so you increase your knowledge pool to draw on at your next event. I'm glad we were able to work it out that Tim and I could switch Sunday so all the students had at least 2 different instructors.
Andy Hohl