Neosho MiDiv Event #1 hosted by OMRSCCA :: April 24-25

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:02 pm

JimR wrote:Also, Ozarkians, if you can get away early and be there in the 4-5 PM range, we would love to have an extra volunteer or two in our tech/registration area. All you need is a smile and to point our out-of-towners to registration and the autocross area.

See everyone soon!
I'll be there around 4. Same place as last year, right? Scott should be by sometime before things wind up for the evening as well.

Jeanie

JimR

Post by JimR » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:10 pm

Same bat place.

We appreciate the help!
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:24 pm

I had a great time this weekend and have finally dried out. Thank you Jim Rowland, Donna Hill, and all of the event chiefs for all of the extra help.

Event Results have been posted.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

g3joshua

Post by g3joshua » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:54 pm

weekend was eventful to say the least :)

Thanks to everyone who helped put this on. I don't know any of you personally, just wanted to say thank you.
Nah, Just a Nerd!

Andy

Post by Andy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:54 am

Looking at the results, it looked like the rain left with me Sunday morning so you all could have dry runs on Sunday. I drove home in rain from Sarcoxie all the way to St. Louis.
Fortunatly when I got home, the storm damage at the relatives house was not as bad as relayed to me. 4 hours of replacing 1/2 square of shingles and repairing some siding and you can't even tell there was wind damage. No water got in the house because the tar paper stayed in place.
Andy Hohl

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:19 am

I don't know why, but I had more fun on Saturday in the rain than I did Sunday - even getting wet! Hopefully, everybody stayed dry-enough that they weren't miserable and cold.

Andy, sorry you had to bail on us, glad the fix to the house was (relatively) minor - you wanna come back down and help me re-roof my place? :)

Hey, did anyone find a black piece of lower-grille for an '08 Bullitt Mustang? Dave had said he thought I left something on the course after a run Saturday - I glanced, but didn't notice anything awry at the time - but this morning noticed it was missing. If it was intact, I'd like to get it back - if not.... Oh well <shrugs>

And finally, a thousand thanks to Jim Rowland and Matt Longpine - the two "ignition sources" of the Engine Of Destruction that is the OMR Solo Program - without you guys to keep the plugs firing, the rest of us are just a shiny, stationary, high-tech lump.
Last edited by Bullitt2954 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:26 am

Andy wrote:Fortunatly when I got home, the storm damage at the relatives house was not as bad as relayed to me.
Good to hear.
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.

budweeks

Post by budweeks » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:06 am

Hey Jim, Matt, Korry, and all the others who helped put the Midiv on,

Well done, very well done! It was a great event, and how it all went off with hardly any perceivable hitches is amazing. The clocks worked all through the day on Saturday? Matt, you are a genius. Or maybe lucky but you still get the credit. Thank you all!

Unlike Scott, I had much more fun on Sunday. My brain was apparently absorbed into my cold, wet feet on Saturday. I had forgotten what a joy it is to walk around in dry socks. Oh well, weather is one of the things that makes autocross events memorable. As my wife says, the worse the experience, the better the story later.

Bud

Andy

Post by Andy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:36 am

Bullitt2954 wrote: Andy, sorry you had to bail on us, glad the fix to the house was (relatively) minor - you wanna come back down and help me re-roof my place? :)
Bail is such an ugly, ugly word since I was leaving to help out family. I prefer the following: " out of the goodness of his heart he departed our event early" :P :lol:
Andy Hohl

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:15 pm

Andy wrote:
Bullitt2954 wrote: Andy, sorry you had to bail on us, glad the fix to the house was (relatively) minor - you wanna come back down and help me re-roof my place? :)
Bail is such an ugly, ugly word since I was leaving to help out family. I prefer the following: " out of the goodness of his heart he departed our event early" :P :lol:
You're right, I believe "bail" should have been more-properly used to describe what had to be performed on the Kart and open-cars after each run on Saturday....... :shock:

(well, except for the British car(s) - likely, they have enough rust-holes for proper drainage)

"My GOSH! I didn't know you could get water in there!"
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

fordfocusguy

Post by fordfocusguy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:43 pm

Yeah, I agree, thanks guys for the weekend, and Scott for hanging around and patching holes in pressure tank on Focus and lending his car to get a new battery. Matt, thanks a ton for letting me shower at your room (I thought that was why no one was talking to me) and for following me to springfield to make sure Focus didn't blow up tugging the camper home.

Now that I've said thanks, I can't believe the smack talk hasn't started. Just like to point out that the unmodded stock Focus place 16th in PAX. Even without a last run due to anti-freeze fountain. May be placing koni order here in the next few days, so watch your rears. Here comes the Fearsome Focus!

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:00 pm

fordfocusguy wrote:Now that I've said thanks, I can't believe the smack talk hasn't started.
Probably because, good natured ribbing aside, many of us think such smack talk is immature, unnecessary, tiresome, and lacking in sportsmanship.

At the very least, it does nothing to foster comradery within the group.

Sorry. I'm not upset with you. This is just a pet peeve of mine. Some people find such a lack of sportsmanship to be insulting.

Personally, I prefer to let the driving talk.

Congrats on a job well done this weekend.
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.

fordfocusguy

Post by fordfocusguy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:15 pm

wow. overreaction. That's what I mean by smack talk, good natured. I figure everyone in our region would know to do it in good nature, I'm not saying being degrading, if you've ever met me, you know I talk big even though I know I drive a slow car. Heck, I make fun of myself. I'm not saying that you be downright insulting, nobody in our region is like that, I'm just saying good natured competition and joking. No need to get so upset. jeesh. There's nothing wrong with having some fun. And if I did offend anyone, I'm sorry. It was just supposed to be humorous ribbing.

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:36 pm

You guys should really come talk smack during or after a BOD meeting.

Just like the forum, but with facial expressions, body language, and beer.

:lol:
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE
curtisATthiscrazygarageDOTcom

fordfocusguy

Post by fordfocusguy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:04 pm

What's the BOD meeting? And guess who's finally just old enough to even drink beer? (points at self) This guy. :)

P.S. If you hold it in or near Rolla I'm all for it :lol: