Neosho MiDiv Event #1 hosted by OMRSCCA :: April 24-25

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:04 am

Our monthly OMR SCCA Board of Directors (BOD) meetings are held at 7pm at Schultz and Dooley's II on South Campbell in Springfield, MO on the first Tuesday of each month.

Meetings are open to membership. Meeting itself might be a little slow for your generation, but usually does turns into an informal social by 8:30 or 9.
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE
curtisATthiscrazygarageDOTcom

g3joshua

Post by g3joshua » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:25 am

If anyone finds some links to sites where people posted up some photos of the event, please feel free to share :) I saw people taking pictures on Sunday at least, doubt to many were taken on Saturday.
Nah, Just a Nerd!

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:08 am

g3joshua wrote:If anyone finds some links to sites where people posted up some photos of the event, please feel free to share :) I saw people taking pictures on Sunday at least, doubt to many were taken on Saturday.
I certainly hope some of the finish-line "splashdown" pics were taken......
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:47 pm

budweeks wrote:Hey Jim, Matt, Korry, and all the others who helped put the Midiv on,

Well done, very well done! It was a great event, and how it all went off with hardly any perceivable hitches is amazing. The clocks worked all through the day on Saturday? Matt, you are a genius. Or maybe lucky but you still get the credit. Thank you all!
Bud, I can only take partial credit for the timing and scoring going so good. We had a great bunch of very well qualified persons in the trailer fixing any and all problems/mistakes in just a matter of seconds, so this is probably why it seemed so smooth. I must say that I was rather impressed by the old JACircuits box on Sat. as "Lake Finish Line" only set off a few false trips during the heat that I worked in the trailer (the same in the other 2 heats I heard). They were very obvious and we had plenty of time to "Reset Finish" before the next car came through. On Sunday I didn't have a single false trip and I know that the 3rd heat didin't either. In fact the only timing and scoring re-runs that I was aware of all weekend were on the FJA kart because when it was raining hard we couldn't seem to get a finish on him.:?

You probably also noticed the lack of our new shiny wireless timing system, lets just say that my perfect record of every piece of equipment that I have ever purchased for the club has not made it through its first event.

Lets recap just for fun:
  • Used computer had a damaged serial port that worked during testing but broke a pin the morning of the first event so it no longer would accept times in the software.
  • We went through five or six new lasers (purchased originally as a set of 3) last year that were shipped to us and all failed within an event. The laser manufacturer thinks he found the bad part and we ran this weekend on 2 new lasers.
  • Large format display we had repaired after I finally tracked it down, has never made it through the day even after numerous attempts of fixing it and multiple failures.
  • I found out late last Thursday night that the new wireless system that has been tested several times would no longer talk to the computer. We were troubleshooting with the manufacturer until 5pm Friday when the check of a multimeter and a Hyper Terminal session proved that the jack of the back of the timing box had failed.
I realize that I had nothing to do with these instances, but we should really consider having someone with better luck purchase this stuff from now on. :D
fordfocusguy wrote:P.S. If you hold it in or near Rolla I'm all for it
I don't think that there is enough room in it but my 'Rolla will probably be in the parking lot. :lol:

Seriously though if you don't have any class or work commitment early Wed May 5th you should come down on Tuesday. Doesn't your family live here pretty close, so you wouldn't even have to drive back to Rolla till the next day. Just something to think about, and as always we hope to see more members make the meetings.

Schultz and Dooley's Too (3512 S National Ave , Springfield , MO)[/url]
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

fordfocusguy

Post by fordfocusguy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:15 am

I will go sometime, I have a test today at 10 so I had to study last night. I'll come sometime thought!

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:46 am

fordfocusguy wrote:I will go sometime, I have a test today at 10 so I had to study last night. I'll come sometime thought!
It's not 'til the 4th of May........

(and then the 1st of June, and the 6th of July, etc. ad infinitum)

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

Andy

Post by Andy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:48 pm

Bullitt2954 wrote:
g3joshua wrote:If anyone finds some links to sites where people posted up some photos of the event, please feel free to share :) I saw people taking pictures on Sunday at least, doubt to many were taken on Saturday.
http://mokanmotorsports.com/forums/view ... =21&t=4751
Andy Hohl

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:02 pm

Andy wrote:
Bullitt2954 wrote:
http://mokanmotorsports.com/forums/view ... =21&t=4751
A River Runs Through It..........