2011 Midwest Divisional Solo Series

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

JimR

2011 Midwest Divisional Solo Series

Post by JimR » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:59 pm

Official 2011 Midwest Division Solo Series
  • May 14-15 - Crowder College - Ozark Mountain Region [Complete] 8)
  • July 3-4 - Family Arena - St. Louis Region (competition Sunday-Monday) [Registration open]
  • July 16-17 - Heartland Park Topeka - Kansas Region [Registration open]
  • August 6-7 - Metropolitan Community College Performance Driving Center - Kansas City Region
It's a four-event championship in which entering two events will qualify for year-end points, and up to your best three finishes count.

St. Louis is back this year with a big new site, and Heartland Park Topeka will be a motorsports bonanza with both Club Racing and Solo running on-site through the weekend. Kansas City Region is hosting the final round at MCC Driving Center. Nebraska Region will be host region for a National Tour event at Lincoln Air Park instead of a divisional in 2011, so it's going to be a big year for autocrossers in MiDiv.

I'm excited about this year, especially for the opening round right at home. We've been able to secure the Neosho Civic for the Saturday evening banquet and cash bar like we had in 2009, and we will hopefully enjoy perfect mid-May weather.

OMRSCCA is a host region this year, and the entire 2011 MiDiv Solo season will take place relatively close to home (three in Missouri). I hope everyone can make it out to some events and vie for a divisional championship!

Look for details in the months to come.
http://midivsolo.motorsportreg.com/
Last edited by JimR on Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

Lynn

Post by Lynn » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:03 pm

I'm looking forward to coming down to Neosho.

The new venue in STL is much larger than Gateway and there are many places to stay, eat and shop nearby.

Also, we are planning on Phase 1 and Phase 2 Evo schools on Saturday.

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:35 pm

Lynn wrote:I'm looking forward to coming down to Neosho.

The new venue in STL is much larger than Gateway and there are many places to stay, eat and shop nearby.

Also, we are planning on Phase 1 and Phase 2 Evo schools on Saturday.

From Gigglemaps it appears to be a ~500'x ~1300' "play area" - almost 50% larger than what OMR is currently using for the ENTIRE lot (paddock, grid, and course).

I like Big Courses (but then, I like the little ones too!).

The only downside appears to be a few light-poles hither and yon - but nothing that can't be worked-around. By all appearances, an Excellent replacement for the GIR paddock. Of course, the PDX guys had to (unfortunately) pay the price of losing a Road Course.
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

JimR

Post by JimR » Fri May 27, 2011 10:08 am

I updated the original posting with links to registration for St. Louis and Topeka.

We just finished Neosho MiDiv. Start thinking about the next one!
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

Lynn

Hurry and register for the St. Louis Divisional!!!!

Post by Lynn » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:09 am

The entries are capped at 175. At this writing, there are only 134 left. Hurry, hurry, hurry and get registered before they are all gone!!!!!!

Lynn

Post by Lynn » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:35 am

Late Fee Waived

That's right, the late fee for the St. Louis Divisional has been waived. Time to get signed up. Only 93 entries left.