Sun, February 20th :: RallyX/Solo dinner workshop, Joplin

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

JimR

Sun, February 20th :: RallyX/Solo dinner workshop, Joplin

Post by JimR » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:31 pm

SCCA RallyCross & Solo dinner workshop
Hosted by Ozark Mountain Region SCCA

It's time to get out of the house, hang out, eat well, and gear up for the upcoming season of RallyCross and Solo. OMRSCCA is hosting an informal gathering of autocross and rallycross fans for our friends all over the four-state area to help make this year a success.

We have reserved a dining room at Red Hot & Blue BBQ, so bring your appetite. It's one mile North of I-44 on Rangeline in Joplin, which should be a breeze for anyone.

When
Sunday, February 20th at 4PM

Where
Red Hot & Blue BBQ
http://redhotandblue.com/missouri/joplin.htm
2601 South Range Line Road, Joplin, MO [Google Maps]

What
We'll cover some AXWare timing software training (I know I need it), brainstorm improvements for area RallyCross/Solo, and talk whatever you want to see happen this season. This is a great chance to bring any ideas, questions, and involvement to the table.

RallyCross and Solo are completely volunteer driven, and we can always use extra help and insight in putting on events. Learning or helping in one small area makes a big difference, in autocross and especially Rallycross, which is still establishing itself locally. Everyone from novice to veteran, OMR member or not, is welcome.

Come break the cabin fever and get bench racing over some good BBQ. We have lots of regional Solo (and likely) RallyCross to come, not to mention 100 Acre Wood, MiDiv convention, Neosho divisional Solo, and more. 8)
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

fordfocusguy

Post by fordfocusguy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:43 am

Hello all!!

I am back in MOtown for a while. Will be gone this summer, but back in mid August.

Just a thought, while in Michigan I did a couple rallycrosses, they were a BLAST!!! I would be willing to help out with this, and will try to make it to this dinner. Also, just a thought for future, in Michigan they started rallying in January, so there was a chance for snow. This made it FUN!!! We also ran up until December, so it's pretty much year round up there. This may not happen down here, but I'd like to see the rallycross grow in OMR!

I hope to see all of you guys again soon!

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:34 pm

Thought I would give this post a bump to keep it fresh on everyone's mind and I am wondering if there anyone else that is planning on coming this weekend? It sounds like there is going to be a few NeOkla members coming and I hope there will be a couple more OMR people show up.

Everyone that has the chance feel free to come learn with us, and take this opportunity to share any of your ideas of how we can make events even better this year.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

craigb

Post by craigb » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:40 am

I'll try to be there, but I might be a little late. We are racing until 5 at Mo-Kan and I'll head out after that.
Craig

JimR

Post by JimR » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:17 am

Craig, glad you can make it. 8)

I'm thinking we will work on AXWare training first, move to general discussion, talk potential area RallyCross dates, then finish up with more OMR-specific business like the Neosho MiDiv event.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD