OMRs own Sam Henry Rallycross National Champion !!!!!

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Curtis

OMRs own Sam Henry Rallycross National Champion !!!!!

Post by Curtis » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:26 am

From SCCA.com

"Club Racer Sam Henry, of Republic, Mo., narrowly missed a podium finish in F Production at the Runoffs just a couple of weeks prior, but got his National Championship in RallyCross by winning the Prepared – Rear Wheel Drive class in his SpringfieldDyno.com/SafeRacer Mazda Miata."

Full story here: http://www.scca.com/events/news.cfm?eid=3425&cid=50869

Any other OMR participants care to comment? Would love to hear your stories and results
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE
curtisATthiscrazygarageDOTcom

JimR

Post by JimR » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:46 am

OMRSCCA had not only one, but two National Champions over the weekend. Doug Largent won Stock RWD in his E30 BMW.

Two crowns from the eight classes going to our region is a nice carry. It's also worth mentioning that Bobby Jasan nearly took the Modified 2WD championship in a car that was prepared nowhere near the extent of many other class competitors. M2 was a 23-driver class, so second was a pretty big deal.

It was a blast, and this event (only fourth RallyX Nationals ever) grew significantly over the previous year. I hope a lot more locals can attend next time, no matter where it is hosted.

I took a few pictures of my own, and I hope to post them soon.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:40 am

Congrats Doug and Bobbi ! And I feel so much better now about the thumping Bobbi gave me when he so nicely let me co-drive his Rallycross car.
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE
curtisATthiscrazygarageDOTcom

Ted Wells

Congratulations To One and All

Post by Ted Wells » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:58 am

Congratulations to Sam, Doug and Bobby. Sam is proving to be quite the all-rounder when it comes to SCCA motorsports and exemplifies the type of sportsman for whom the Club was created many years ago.

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:38 pm

Thanks for the kind words. I'm very flattered. I'm already working on 2012 plans! I'm not a good learner, but lucky for me, I think there is plenty of room for development in the car!

Bobby's effort was just great. His times were smoking fast. Jim was right there in PF as well. Timing had me on edge with mixed up times, but they corrected all during their normal audit.

Thanks: Mazda, Grassrooots, Goodyear, Saferacer, Derek G., and Matt L.

Derek saved my a$$ by loaning me a couple rear shocks when I figured out mine were blown out less than 24 hours before 1st timed run... We only wounded 2 fingers using the trailer as a spring compresser. Safety dad would have freaked out if he'd seen us...

Sam

markyf

Post by markyf » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:19 pm

Congratulations, you guys. Great job! You make us proud.
Mark F
'99 Firebird Formula 6-speed hardtop ESP
'99 Trans Am WS6 6-speed black ragtop ESP
'69 Z28 silver/black DZ302 4-speed SOLD