OMRSCCA Solo2 Event #1 :: 03/18/2012

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Jeremy Salenius

Post by Jeremy Salenius » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:20 am

Thanks again for a great event guys! I liked the new surface and the size of the lot wasnt too bad either
Kansas City Region Member
STX #33 in KCR
STX# 133 in OMR

JimR

Post by JimR » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:24 pm

After all the drama with the weather in 2011, it was nice to kick off the year with a really smooth, fun event.

I really needed the driving practice. I was way behind the car after all the months of downtime.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

FrankL

Post by FrankL » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:37 am

Ironhead wrote:There's some fun stock class potential there to be sure Bobby.

The biggest problem is that the damn thing is just so hopelessly biased toward understeer in stock form.

I had the rear tires +20 psi in comparison to the fronts in an effort to loosen it up. A "proper" alignment would help a ton. Probably a front bar too.

A set of Konis would be next. The car flops all over the place. This seems to make it hypersensitive to fore / aft load transfer... thereby exacerbating that understeer thing. Every time I was under power it felt like I was pulling the front tires off the ground. :D

ST would let someone fix other shortcomings and given the price of parts and tires for this car as well as the aforementioned fuel consumption, it isn't hard to see why STR has exploded as a class.

All that said.... I missed fighting it out in ESP yesterday. A lot.
I never drove an NC in stock form, but I did drive one in underprepped STR trim, and it is still alot of fun. You'll enjoy it!
Miatas. Lots of them. Nearly every flavor. Lots of mods to some. Not much to others.

mulkio

Post by mulkio » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:55 am

Ironhead wrote:There's some fun stock class potential there to be sure Bobby.

The biggest problem is that the damn thing is just so hopelessly biased toward understeer in stock form.

I had the rear tires +20 psi in comparison to the fronts in an effort to loosen it up. A "proper" alignment would help a ton. Probably a front bar too.

I have read somewhere that some MX-5 owners disconnect the rear ARB to loosen the rear end.
J. MULKEY
17 WRX
# 8 DS

Lynn

Post by Lynn » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:00 am

Looking at the results, I noticed a couple of Corvettes in ASP. C5 and C6 Corvettes are now in SSP.

The Huff

Post by The Huff » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:20 pm

At that event we had over 20 weekend memberships. A lot of first timers who didn't realize you are responsible for determining what class your car should be in.
Justin Huffman
Asst. R.E.