OMRSCCA Solo2 Event #1 :: 03/18/2012

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

OMRSCCA Solo2 Event #1 :: 03/18/2012

Post by SilverYota » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:54 pm

OMRSCCA Regional Solo2 Event #1
Sunday, March 18th, 2011
Crowder Truck Driving School
Neosho, Missouri [Map]

THIS EVENT WILL BE AT A NEW LOT ADJACENT TO THE SKIDPAD LOT THAT WE USED TO RUN ON.

This Skipad Lot is not available for events.

Register Online!
[Click for online registration powered by MotorsportReg]
Note: 2011 events will use online registration via MotorsportReg. Additional registration instructions here.

Event Information Car Numbers and Classes
Car Numbers are exclusive for the 2012 season, meaning only one person is allowed to run a number during the entire year no matter what class you are in (e.g. Car number 76 Matt L in ST, you would not be able to use 76 even if you ran a different class). During pre-registration if a # is not shown when it is time to pick your car # then it is already in use this year.

Amenities
There are gas stations, WalMart, and fast food on Highway 59 about a mile North of the intersection of MO-D. There is no air available at the site, so prepare accordingly. We anticipate making lunch available on-site.

Directions from Springfield
Take I-44 to US 71 South, and exit at Highway 60 Neosho/Seneca. Go East to the light at US 59/71B (WalMart will be on your right). Turn right to go South on 59, and follow the signs for Crowder College and Highway MO-D. Turn left onto MO-D, and it will take you straight to Crowder College. Once you reach the stop sign at the entrance of Crowder, turn right onto Doniphan and head towards the windmill. Turn left just past the windmill, and follow the SCCA signs and cones to the site.

Coming from somewhere else? Plug it into Google Maps:
[Google Maps - Crowder College]

Run / Work
If we have over 80 entrants, we will go to a three-heat format based on a first-come, first-served basis:

Work heat 1 / Drive heat 3
Work heat 2 / Drive heat 1
Work heat 3 / Drive heat 2

Work assignments will be balanced to ensure even work coverage for all stations in all heats. If you show up at the last minute, your choice may be full. If you show up late, you will not be able to participate at all!

See you there!

Edit: site map below.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:37 am

Note: There is no Stop Sign on the Eastbound lane of Doniphan/Hwy D. All other directions Stop.
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

FlatBlack

Post by FlatBlack » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:30 am

I'm going to be visiting friends in Joplin on the 17th, I am goign to try and make it in the new car.

Just signed up at MSR - It wouldn't allow me to select my number [#67], but it appears next to my car description. Anyone know why?
Mat #67
96 Nissan 240SX [SM]
05 Forester XT [SM]
02 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 5.3L [Tow Rig]

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:22 pm

FlatBlack wrote:Just signed up at MSR - It wouldn't allow me to select my number [#67], but it appears next to my car description. Anyone know why?
I looked into it and you had 2 accounts. Your permanent # got assigned to the Mat Beck (evil online twin) account. I reassigned the # and merged the two accounts so this should not happen anymore.

BTW to all that are SCCA members, if you make sure to sign up in MotorsportReg.com with the name exactly how it is printed on your SCCA membership card (no shortened or nicknames) it does a "validation" and will automatically keep your SCCA credentials updated in AXWare (the timing and scoring software we use). This is especially handy if say your SCCA membership card is late getting sent to you, AXWare would already have your member # and expiration date current to the day that you register for an event. If you have the wrong name in MotorsportReg.com you can click on the "My Account" tab and edit your information in there.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

FlatBlack

Post by FlatBlack » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:05 am

SilverYota wrote: I looked into it and you had 2 accounts. Your permanent # got assigned to the Mat Beck (evil online twin) account. I reassigned the # and merged the two accounts so this should not happen anymore.
Thanks - I had no recollection of creating a second account :oops:
Mat #67
96 Nissan 240SX [SM]
05 Forester XT [SM]
02 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 5.3L [Tow Rig]

snaponbob

Post by snaponbob » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:51 am

Don't see an adjacent lot on the satellite view of Google Map. What is the new lot like compared to the old lot?
Bob Buxbaum
KC Region SCCA

JimR

Post by JimR » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:19 am

The new lot we're using was white gravel up until early last summer, when it was levelled and paved with blacktop.

It's still gravel in this Google Maps image (the empty lot with no trucks on it):

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Crowder+C ... O&t=h&z=18
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

NSFW

Easter Sunday

Post by NSFW » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:24 pm

Do you realize April 8th is Easter Sunday? That may be an issue for some.
#711 STP

The Huff

Post by The Huff » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:42 am

We realize it's Easter but that was the only available date.
Thanks.
Justin Huffman
Asst. R.E.

stanbell

Post by stanbell » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:59 pm

to bob, re what's the new lot like. its about 1/4 the size of the old lot, of which we could use 3/4. flat, brand new asphalt, and way better than no facility at all. but we could sure wish for bigger. you may be seeing some of us in KC this year, consequently.
66 mustang, 72 124 fiat FProduction, 91 miata ES/STS, 95 mustang SM, 97 F150, 99 Neon SF (yes!), 00 911 C4 AS, 05 CLK500, 05 triumph speed four, 06 F250, 07 ducati 1098, 13 330i, & a few cows. 93 miata ES now in Mr France's capable hands, long may she autox.

Jeremy Salenius

Post by Jeremy Salenius » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:20 pm

I will be down along with another from the KC region this weekend if all goes well.

Hope to see lots of people there and lots of grip at the new site.
Kansas City Region Member
STX #33 in KCR
STX# 133 in OMR

JimR

Post by JimR » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:45 pm

I added a site map to the original post to show everyone the layout. Things will be cramped if don't we cooperate, so a big thanks in advance for giving it a look.

We're possibly having the classroom building open where we held registration at the divisionals, since it's inside with restrooms and so close to the pad.

We're asking for competition cars paddock only in the small parking lot in front of the registration building (yellow). If you have a tow vehicle and trailer, please park in either the gravel areas or single-file down the street side, allowing room for vehicles to pass. Tell any friends and spectators to please park outside the waiver stations (red) - it will be a short walk, promise! We'll put the stations next to gravel lots where they can park.

If you can be there early and help a little bit, please do! We'll need some waiver/gate help to keep the site orderly and safe, and some miscellanous help with site setup and registration if you can lend a hand.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:42 am

Today is the last day to pre-register so let us know if you are coming. This will save you some time in line and get you a $5 discount if you are a SCCA member.

Also if you want to get through the Waiver Station a little quicker go ahead and print out the Crowder College site specific Waiver. You can type your information in, print several out, throw them in the glovebox, and then just sign/date them for each event.

I am not able to make it this weekend, and hope everyone has a great time. Like Jim has already said they could use a couple of early AM helpers for trailer/site setup, waivers, etc. and if you have the time the club would appreciate it greatly.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:17 pm

Why no offering of the new national road tire classes? (RTF, RTR, RTA)

I was giving (very) late consideration to driving the wife's (very) stock Meotter and frankly, I'd like to support those classes.

No worries. Just curious. Have always felt the local regions should offer a true street tire class anyway. (I'm aware these new classes use the ST tire rules)
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.

Jeremy Salenius

Post by Jeremy Salenius » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:49 pm

Hey Matt and Jim,

I spent like 2 hours yesterday trying to get registered on MSR and I couldnt get it to work.

Was able to get signed up for KCR events, but not OMR events.

Anyone else having this issue?

Anyway letting you guys know I will be there.
Kansas City Region Member
STX #33 in KCR
STX# 133 in OMR