March 25th RallyCross

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Kanatii

March 25th RallyCross

Post by Kanatii » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:32 pm

Hey guys,

I'm in Little Rock, and our first Arkansas Rallycross event has most likely been canceled due to flooding at the site, so my co-driver and I are looking for another March event.

I have noticed that there is a March 25th event posted to occur at the Lebanon dirt-track site on your schedule, but I haven't found any announcements or online chatter about it so I wasn't sure if it was going to happen. I'd hate to make a hotel res only to drive to a canceled event :P

Both my co-driver and I are complete RallyX noobs, but we've both AutoX'd a fair amount, and we're just looking to get our feet wet. We will be driving my Subaru with some snow tires on it and hoping to get some experience before the next Arkansas event.

I also noticed there is another Missouri event scheduled for the same day in Salem. Do you guys work with the STL guys much to do co-region events? We're looking to get a little more into this and just trying to see what all is going on in the area.

Thanks,

Jeff

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:12 am

Jeff

Had not noticed that and sorry it will be impossible for you to attend both. We chose our date first although we may have been tardy getting it up on our site for them to see? We always consider surrounding schedules when working on ours. Please understand though that Both Tulsa and Little Rock are as close to our membership as St Louis. Additionally that 8 Midiv Road Race weekends, 3 MIDIV SOLO weekends, 8 OMR Region SOLO events, 2 RallyCrosses other than this first one, + National Champ SOLO, and RallyX National championships equal 24 weekends. Knock another dozen out due to Winter weather + 2 more for Runoffs, and then try to avoid NEOKLAs SOLO and RallyX schedules due to our many duel members and well it's not an easy process! We end up with numerous in Region conflicts for our Region members no matter how hard we try That said I do wish we had known about the St Louis RallyX when working on our schedule.

Not sure what the RallyX guys have planned but Lebanon is a unique site. Last fall was a "2 stage" with a more traditional gravel/grass stage and then a second stage on a hard banked clay track and infield. Hope you pick us and good luck this season.
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE
curtisATthiscrazygarageDOTcom

Kanatii

Post by Kanatii » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:24 am

At this point it looks like we are going to come to your event at Lebanon. I've been told by several Arkansas folks that we need to meet JimR so now's as good a time as any.

And the clay oval thing sounds intriguing...

My co-driver and I already have a little experience with low traction environments... :twisted:

fordfocusguy

Post by fordfocusguy » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:25 am

Ooooh, boy, you guys remember me? Long time no see!! I'm going to be hitting up a rallyx soon, not the 25th, as I'll be in texas for spring break, but hopefully soon! I have decided the ol' Focus is being retired from autox at 190000 miles, and she's going to turn into a straight rallycross car!!!!