OMRSCCA Solo2 Event #4 :: 06/24/2012

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:54 am

mulkio wrote:What would happen to season points I have in c-stock, if I choose to run RTR?

At the last meeting I got the feeling that since we are starting midseason that it would be unlikely that we would have a 2012 Champion in any of these classes. If someone chooses to run one of these classes instead of the stock class that there car is in, then they are no longer competing in the class that they ran in earlier this year. You would need 4 finishes in a class this year to be a Class Champion.
mulkio wrote:What are the pax modifiers for RTR, RTA, and RTF?

It will be the same PAX that it is used for the normal stock classes (for example .833 for CS), there is no additional modifier to compare yourself to someone on R compounds. When we print the overall PAX for the event though the Road Tire classes will be mixed in with everyone else, but competitors running the RT classes can look to see who was the fastest of that group. Again this is keeping with the way it is done at the National level events (click here for the Blytheville results).

As always the BOD encourages feedback from all members and the absolute best place to give it is at the monthly meeting so we can have discussion (first Tuesday of the month at 7pm). I assume this will be discussed at the July meeting, so those with input, opinions, and suggestions on this should try to be there if schedules allow.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:17 pm

Results have been posted.

I am going to go feed a baby now:)
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

budweeks

Post by budweeks » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:37 pm

Matt, great job with the RT classes....getting the software figured out and so clearly displayed in the results. Also thanks for getting them on the forum quickly.

Sam, congrats on top PAX today. The DP car looks dialed in, as well as its driver.

Had a good time today dispite being tired from too much "home improvement" activity this past week. Thanks to Matt, Justin/Sara, Jim, Tim, Stan, Scott/Jeanie, and all the rest who worked to make this happen.

Bud

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Good fun. Did anyone else catch themselves reading the timing display as they were going through the offset gate before the finish? My last three runs I was watching the display more than the track. ;). That can't be good. L

Looks like I'll get 3, maybe 4 events out of a set of tires ;(. Kind of depressing but really the z06 from the good old days wasn't much better. It was 2.5 sets per year with a co driver. I have a scary feeling my solo tire bill may be more than club racing which is about a set per weekend (2 if I'm lucky)

The car is getting better every weekend. Thanks matt. We did some bump stop engineering a few days ago that seemed to help. Maybe I can have the motor done before the end of year. I'm afraid I order too much cam and shot myself in foot. Well see.

I'll forecast that I will not be able to hold mark opie and bud off at the next event. Kinda got lucky with weather conditions just like at Blytheville with a perfect track for my car.

markyf

Post by markyf » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:12 pm

Yeah, good job, Sam. Of course, we know it's not luck. You had your name on the Autocrosser of the Year Trophy so many times they finally had to just put the range of years next to your name to save space.
Mark F
'99 Firebird Formula 6-speed hardtop ESP
'99 Trans Am WS6 6-speed black ragtop ESP
'69 Z28 silver/black DZ302 4-speed SOLD

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:30 am

markyf wrote:Yeah, good job, Sam. Of course, we know it's not luck. You had your name on the Autocrosser of the Year Trophy so many times they finally had to just put the range of years next to your name to save space.
I still think luck has something to do with it... We were lucky bobby didn't have R compounds. pretty high on the pax list with street tires. I personally was lucky with the high temps. Very bad for the driver ;) but good for my simple little car that likes the warm track... Blytheveille was just the perfect track as the car was right in the middle of the power curve.

THese are not big issues, but we are talking tenths of a second.

I thought they listed all AOTY winners as a date range ;)

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:17 pm

I almost forgot about this: if anyone is missing their air tank from Sunday's Event - I believe it's Safe ~N~ Sound in the Trailer.

Correctly Identifying it will allow you to claim it, I imagine....
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

JimR

Post by JimR » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:39 pm

SilverYota wrote:Results have been posted.

Compared to most other regions, we're spoiled with the timeliness of our results. Thanks again.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:45 pm

JimR wrote:
SilverYota wrote:Results have been posted.

Compared to most other regions, we're spoiled with the timeliness of our results. Thanks again.
so true! it seems like we have to wait a week or so to get results when martin completes in his region...

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:44 am

Bullitt2954 wrote:I almost forgot about this: if anyone is missing their air tank from Sunday's Event - I believe it's Safe ~N~ Sound in the Trailer.

scott, i think i still have your yellow 1's... I'll bring them to the next event.

Sam

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:20 pm

springfielddyno wrote:
Bullitt2954 wrote:I almost forgot about this: if anyone is missing their air tank from Sunday's Event - I believe it's Safe ~N~ Sound in the Trailer.

scott, i think i still have your yellow 1's... I'll bring them to the next event.

Sam
Yeah, I realized that as we were prepping the car in Lincoln @ the RallyX MiDiv/NatChallenge.

Jim got our back with a couple of "loaners" (thanks again, Jim!)

I'll see you at the next round.

8)

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

budweeks

Post by budweeks » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:44 pm

Bye the way, the air tank is mine and I got it back before the trailer left. You all were faster getting the course all picked up than I was in changing my tires. I got there just in time.

Bud

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:35 pm

budweeks wrote:Bye the way, the air tank is mine and I got it back before the trailer left. You all were faster getting the course all picked up than I was in changing my tires. I got there just in time.

Bud
We wouldn't have let it "get away", for sure. I didn't see that you had gotten it, I thought it was still in the trailer.