Rallycross Seat Time?

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Bullitt2954

Rallycross Seat Time?

Post by Bullitt2954 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:22 pm

You can has it: http://autoxforum.com/forums/index.php? ... entry89867

NEXT Saturday (Aug. 25) the ARSCCA Region is having their first RallyX in Greenbrier, AR - North of Conway, at the intersection of US65 and AR285 East.

Jeanie and I have looked at the site (in person), it is a 27acre site, with ~8-10 acres at the moment available for Competition. Surface seems to be a sort of sandy-type soil, with a couple of perimeter roads graveled with SB2.

The area WAS being used for illegal dumping for a bit, but the AR gang (with a little help from some OMR members!) went a LONG way toward cleaning it up on a "workday" a few weeks-ago (there was literally a MOUNTAIN of broken concrete dumped in the middle of it - GONE!). It has since been worked-on further by AR members, and the owners. I expect it to be a first-rate site eventually, if they keep at it.

Their plan is to have equipment on-site to repair rutting, and form/shape the course as-needed.

If you want/need additional seat-time, you cannot go wrong attending this event (in-addition to our own RallyX this coming Sunday, of course!). It's a ~3-1/2hr drive for Jeanie and I, probably substantially less for our Springfield contingent (it is LITERALLY just-off US65 in Greenbrier).

Hope to see some of you there!
Last edited by Bullitt2954 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

JimR

Post by JimR » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:38 pm

If their event description looks familiar, it's because it is. ;)

I have been on the phone with some of the ARSCCA crew, talking through some of the steps. Another neighboring region getting a RallyCross program going is a win-win for participation on both sides. They'll have one RXSS signed off after 8/25, and several more with one under apprenticeship their belt.

I'll be there. Funny enough, Springfield isn't any further away than where I am in NW Arkansas. I didn't realize that until Scott pointed that out.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

JimR

Post by JimR » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Kansas City Region is very likely going to start a RallyCross program next year. I've been on the phone with a couple of their regulars, as lately as thing morning, and they've scouted two promising sites in Eastern Kansas, one three hours from Springfield and another 3.5 hours away.

With every region bordering OMR having or starting an active RallyCross program, I think we've crossed the "hesitation" barrier. If you've been eyeing that $1,000 Sentra/Neon/Impreza or set of secondhand snow tires on Craigslist, pull the trigger and come have some fun.

JimR

Post by JimR » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:43 pm

I went down to Greenbrier site on Saturday to help rough out a course. The ARSCCA crew has been working the land for months getting it ready. The field borders highway 65 and is right across the road from a gas station, and just North of fast food and grocery stores. It's a good spot, and probably not a bad drive for many in the OMR area.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=35.25808 ... iwloc=near

Turn East onto highway 285 just North of Greenbrier, and take the first gate on your left.

I'll be there Saturday, and bringing at least four spectators to watch the event.

Kanatii

Post by Kanatii » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:33 pm

We have the course all graded pretty smooth now. After Jim left we spent the rest of the day blading and it is almost dirt track smooth in places. We had a stock height MR2 running on it as our "test car" while we were grading it and it is able to get around the entire course without bottoming out or really getting too upset.

Thanks Jim for coming down and giving us some pointers, we couldn't pull this off without you.

I can't wait for Saturday!

Jeff

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:58 pm

Dirt in Greenbrier tomorrow!

SOLO in Ozark Sunday!

Hope to see you all at each of them!

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

JimR

Post by JimR » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:52 pm

Results are up.
http://www.arscca.org/results2012.htm

You'll notice Scott thumped me. I hung a cone on one of my runs, but even the raw time came up short. The format of RallyCross makes it a pitched battle to the end, which is fun.

If you find yourself free on 10/13/2012 - the Saturday before the next OMR Solo - come on down highway 65 and enter their last one of the year. Fun side trip, and lots of enthusiasm down there.

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Some artsy-typee piktarz up on teh Faceplants: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... ca8d167208