OMRSCCA SOLO Event #2 :: 4/14/2013

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:27 pm

I am pretty sure we have all seen the movie "Driven" with Sly. Let's make things interesting. Instead of stamping quarters on the tires, put eggs on top of some strategically placed cones. If you can collect the egg without incurring a time penalty, then you win a bag of candy. :wink: :lol: I bet Sam could get it done. :D
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:52 pm

Question about tomorrow.

I registered in EP because of my tuner winglet and no back seat. Can I run in XP? Currently there are 2 entries in XP. Thanks. :)
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:45 pm

Very fun. Thanks everyone. Maybe I should get some R compounds before I try XP again. hehehe.

Tummi_Gummi

Post by Tummi_Gummi » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:24 am

where can i find the time results? The announcer guys at the track said they would post up each lap time for everyone. Just curious if its already up and I am not looking in the right places or not.
Thanks
-Michael
2003 Suzuki SX Turbo Hatchback Fully Modified(Drag car)
2002 Mini Cooper S - Rally prepared(AutoX car)

JimR

Post by JimR » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:05 am

Full results will be on the Event Results Page once the files get sent to our web volunteer and posted.

Today or tomorrow, perhaps?
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

budweeks

Post by budweeks » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:17 pm

Hey, most fun I've had autocrossing for awhile. Being in a different car (Forrest's) is always a fresh experience and it renews my interest in improving those driving skills. Driving on street tires was much fun too....lots of slip angle....start turning the steering wheel about 20 yards before you get to the gate, and then if you timed it right, you'd feel like one of the NASCAR guys at Sears Point.

Great weather, 72 entries, lots of new folks, and I hope the course was driveable enough for everyone. I wish I had opened it up a little more, but it seemed to have pretty good flow over most of the course....especially if you found the right lines.

Congrats to Mark and Sam for showing us how to go fast.

Bud

The Huff

Post by The Huff » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Great event everyone! Thanks to everyone who showed up early to help out.
We'll have the results posted soon.
Justin Huffman
Asst. R.E.

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:13 pm

Results have been posted.

Sorry it took a little longer than normal, but I'm out of town and this is the first chance I've had to sit down at a computer. Sounds like you guys had a great time out there, I'm a little sad that I missed it.

See you guys and gals at the next BOD meeting (we encourage all members to show up).
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

markyf

Post by markyf » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:07 pm

Bud, the course ended up being really fun. I guess you would call it "technical", which means you really have to think a lot. It kinda made me feel like a bobble head.
Mark F
'99 Firebird Formula 6-speed hardtop ESP
'99 Trans Am WS6 6-speed black ragtop ESP
'69 Z28 silver/black DZ302 4-speed SOLD

g3joshua

Post by g3joshua » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:36 am

It was my first time racing on that lot. Maybe it's a little (understatement) rough on tires, but the changes in elevation make it so much fun. Thanks for the a lot of fun, see you in a few weeks!
Nah, Just a Nerd!

Tummi_Gummi

Post by Tummi_Gummi » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:25 pm

Where can I find pictures from the event? I saw a lot of professional cameras out there in a hands of a couple guys taking pictures at several points.
2003 Suzuki SX Turbo Hatchback Fully Modified(Drag car)
2002 Mini Cooper S - Rally prepared(AutoX car)

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:36 am

Tummi_Gummi wrote: Where can I find pictures from the event? I saw a lot of professional cameras out there in a hands of a couple guys taking pictures at several points.
If you are looking for photos or video from any event try The Program section of these forums. If you are into Facebook you could try the OMR page.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:37 am

Tummi_Gummi wrote:Where can I find pictures from the event? I saw a lot of professional cameras out there in a hands of a couple guys taking pictures at several points.
May the Schwartz be with you - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 6c306d2d73

Very nice shots. Even some of a blue Mini. ;)

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:39 pm

markyf wrote:Bud, the course ended up being really fun. I guess you would call it "technical", which means you really have to think a lot. It kinda made me feel like a bobble head.
Nice course. I couldn't pull it off. :D Time to work on the car, the driver is helpless. New tires on way but saving them for Blytheville nat tour in early July. Don't know what I'll do for may/June.