2013 Midwest Division Solo Series

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

JimR

2013 Midwest Division Solo Series

Post by JimR » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:02 am

2013 Midwest Division Solo Series Schedule
http://midivsolo.org/
  • April 27-28 - MCC Performance Driving Center - Kansas City Region [Registration open]
  • June 22-23 - Crowder College, Neosho - Ozark Mountain Region
  • July 20-21 - Heartland Park, Topeka - Kansas Region
  • August 17-18 - Lincoln Air Park - Nebraska Region (Championship Event)
The MiDiv Solo Series is a four-event championship in which entering two events will qualify for year-end points, and up to your best three finishes count. They are two-day events in which your best run each day gets combined for your total time. You get to see and compete against friends from all over the division.

Read more about a divisional-level event here:
http://www.omrscca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5145

OMRSCCA is a host region this year, so it doesn't take much imagination to see how a divisional class championship could be up for grabs without a huge amount of travel. Make sure you're in the running!
Last edited by JimR on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:37 pm

I just got an email from Albert Hermans concerning MiDiv Event #1 in Independence, MO:
Registration for the first 2013 SPS and R&S Racing MiDiv event in Independence, mO will close in one week and 7 hours from now. Currently, the number of registrants is below what we need to hold the event. A decision will be made by the end of this coming weekend on whether to cancel or not. For anyone who is interested in coming to this event, please register at your earliest opportunity prior to this weekend. If someone in your region is interested in attending but does not yet have an account on MSR, please encourage them to sign up and register.

We encourage everyone to come out to our unique facility in Independence for some good competition and cameradery. For those who travel by RV, this site is not too far from the event site http://www.campusrv.com/.

If you can't make this event, keep in mind the other three events in this year's series: In Neosho, MO June 22 & 23, in Topeka, KS July 20 & 21, in Lincoln, NE August 17 & 18.

Thank you for your attention.

Al Hermans
Midwest Divisional Solo Steward
A quick check of the MotorsportsReg.Com shows currently only 40 competitors registered. I've driven the site, and it is definitely a unique experience - like a near infinitely-configurable Roadrace Course.

Jeanie and I were planning to run the MiDiv series this year, and we encourage anyone who wants to "take the next step" in competition to Register and come out and play!

You don't need to be "One of the Fast Ones" to make a showing at a Divisional Event - my 2nd-event ever was the MiDiv event in Blytheville, AR in '09. I was a bit (well, MORE than "a bit") over my head, but how else are you going to improve yourself, if you don't work on finding and stretching your Limits?

If you're THINKING about attending, we urge you to get off the fence and Register!

Don't let this series pass you by!
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."