OMR annual Fall Tombstone Rally Nov 9 Hold the date

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Curtis

OMR annual Fall Tombstone Rally Nov 9 Hold the date

Post by Curtis » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:40 pm

OMR SCCAs annual Tombstone and social will be held on Saturday, November 9, 2013. Details to be announced later but start will be around noon in the Nixa/Highlandville area with the finish and evening social (and dinner) hosted at my home just north of Ozark. This is a fun event and very longstanding tradition with our club.

For those of you who have never done this before it is not a speed event. It is a 2 hour or so drive on pretty roads, with challenging instructions and fun questions, ending in relaxing social party. Fun for all including our family and friends not that excited about our SOLO, RallyCross, and Club Racing competitions.

Curtis Wood
OMR SCCA RE
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE
curtisATthiscrazygarageDOTcom

1nitroustracer

Post by 1nitroustracer » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:50 pm

BYOB or no?
(THE ROTARY ENGINE.......................)
communism worked in theory also

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:44 pm

Good question: Why don't we have members post here or send me an email if they are coming so we can make a better guess on the amount of food we need. Again, details coming soon!

Curtis@thiscrazygarage.com
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:11 pm

Curtis, Are you suggesting a $10 donation to help with the food costs as in year's past? :) Who is setting up the Tombstone this year?
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:51 pm

BYOB yes We'll provide lots of good food to eat

Not sure Eddie. I have a call in to Topeka about sanction and membership cost. I hope we can again do something modest and voluntary. Would like to keep it a fun relaxing event.

My daughter Rebecca and her Boyfriend Andrew put it together. I did a safety run of the route Sunday and hope to check questions and stuff next week. Short drive and pretty roads.

Curtis
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:26 pm

cool beans :D
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:04 pm

Tombstone Rally and Social Details

We will gather for the Rally at noon, Saturday, November 9 with first car off at 12:30pm.

Start will be at 3499 Hwy EE, Highlandville. This is Nichols Plaza where we started last year. 1 block East of 160 and EE intersection.

End will be at 3103 N. Bobwhite, (Quail Run Subdivision), Ozark, MO. Those who don't run the Rally, we would still like to see at the party. Please come anyway. Just expect to get a lot of crap about just showing up to eat. :)

RSVP would be nice but come anyway BYOB No weekend membership fees No entry fee Requested $5 per head donation to cover food cost Snack and dessert donations welcome as well !

This would be a great chance to introduce a new member prospect to the club.

Questions can be ask here on the forum, or call me, Curtis at 417-849-4673
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:50 am

:cry:
Last edited by Unstable on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:31 pm

:cry:
Last edited by Unstable on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

g3joshua

Post by g3joshua » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:14 pm

As long as my car is back from the dealership, myself and one other will be making the drive.
Nah, Just a Nerd!

1nitroustracer

Post by 1nitroustracer » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:19 pm

Jessica,Breanne,and I will be coming this year in the mustang.

1nitroustracer

Post by 1nitroustracer » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:28 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG0hoT09icI

I just watched this video and it was clearly filmed with a potato.....

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:30 am

Yes that phone is now in toilet.

Wish my video would have been better but for those new to The Tombstone it is an idea of what to expect. :)

I really wish that more road rallies could be run but one is better than none. ;)

g3joshua

Post by g3joshua » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:25 am

Ok, the car is good to go. Just thought I would confirm I will be showing up with a passenger.

Anyone think it would be a good idea to make up some "Tombstone Rally" stickers LOL
Nah, Just a Nerd!

Curtis

Post by Curtis » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:47 am

Thanks for posting the video Eddie. I know Pepe' is rather high spirited and difficult to hold back at times although he does sound great in the tunnel. Maybe you could exercise him a little before the start and keep him under the limit Saturday? :-)

For the record. This is not a speed event. All rules of the road apply and getting here first means a longer wait for dinner, nothing else. Getting a ticket or being seen driving inappropriately gets you disqualified.

A navigator is a really good idea. Not just for the company but the extra eyes. A serious Rally would limit the entrant to just 2 in the car. However several of our Tombstone Social Rally entrants will have kids in the back seat. In my experience they are a big help for the first hour then just say "are we there yet" over and over again for the second hour. They do keep the dog busy and well fed at the party though.

Children are welcome at our home. Please keep in mind though that the social will be held in a working garage complete with tools, chemical and other hazards, that there will be a bonfire outside, and that you'll need to keep an eye on them and keep them safe. (there is a game room and toys in the basement also)

Lastly these are country roads, but no gravel. There is one little crossing that you want to slow for but I checked the Rally in an E-type and never worried about the car. Bring what you most like to drive.
Curtis Wood
OMR-RE