SOLO Novice School May 3rd.

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

SOLO Novice School May 3rd.

Post by SilverYota » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:33 pm

Join us for a Solo novice school on Saturday, May 3.

Whether you have autocrossed a little already or never at all, experienced local drivers will guide you through a day of hands-on exercises to improve your skills. Students begin with a brief orientation, then get behind the wheel to practice individual techniques and course elements. After a lunch break, a practice autocross course links that knowledge together.

Pre-registration is mandatory(MotorsportsReg link here), and space will be limited to 20 students. Cost is $35 for the school. As a special offer, attending this school will allow you to compete in the regular Solo event on the following day for only $15 more.

Lunch will be provided, and entrants get a chance to win door prizes at the end of the event.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

JimR

Post by JimR » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:55 am

If you are an experienced autocrosser and wouldn't mind giving pointers from the passenger seat, we would love to have you on Saturday. The more instructors, the better our student-to-teacher ratio.

Just let us know.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

craigb

Post by craigb » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:04 pm

I'm signed up, but I doubt I'll be able to attend the race the following day.
Craig

craigb

Post by craigb » Sat May 03, 2014 3:41 pm

Thank you very much to all the instructors! I learned lots of new things today that will improve my driving and setup on the Focus.
Craig

flogger

Post by flogger » Sat May 03, 2014 3:47 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Craig. It was pretty cool to witness your continued improvement throughout the course of the day. Good job.
Scott Woosley

craigb

Post by craigb » Sat May 03, 2014 4:27 pm

Thanks Scott, you gave me a lot of good advice on the sweeper course this morning that carried through to the rest of the courses.

I'll have to wait until July before I can put all the info I gained today to good use. I can't get my wife to give me the day off tomorrow. :lol:
Craig

CyberPitz

Post by CyberPitz » Sat May 03, 2014 5:53 pm

It was definitely a fun and educational experience! Thank you everybody for all the help and enjoyment!
Paul Peitzmeier
2014 Evo X GSR