Neosho MiDiv Solo :: June 20-22, 2014

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

Neosho MiDiv Solo :: June 20-22, 2014

Post by SilverYota » Tue May 13, 2014 7:26 am

Neosho MiDiv Solo by R&S and SPS
Presented by R&S Racing and Solo Performance Specialties
June 20-22, 2014
Crowder College Trucking School
Neosho, Missouri

It's time to kick off the 2014 Midwest Division Solo Series presented by R&S Racing and Solo Performance Specialties. Ozark Mountain Region SCCA is pleased to present the first round at Crowder College Truck Driving School in Neosho, Missouri. Enjoy May in the Ozarks with 375,000 square feet of grippy, tire-friendly, and unobstructed asphalt. Located just south of Joplin, Missouri, the Crowder College Truck Driving School site is centrally located to the Midwest division, and is an easy four-lane haul from most locations via I-44 and I-49.

What is a Divisional?
Never been to a divisional-level autocross? If you're an SCCA member, this is your chance to compete against some of the best drivers from the Midwest by combining the best times from two days of competition. This will also be a points-paying event for OMRSCCA members. Loaner helmets will be available. More information here:
-> All About a SCCA Divisional Autocross

Register online now!
Click below to enter and learn more:
[MiDiv Event #1 Online registration powered by MotorsportReg]

Where is Neosho?
It's in the middle of it all! Check out the location on Google Maps.

Hotel Information
OMRSCCA has arranged group rates with several hotels convenient to the event site. Call and mention "SCCA" or "Sports Car Club of America."

Best Western Big Springs Lodge
http://www.bestwestern.com/bigspringlodge
(417) 455-2300
1810 Southern View Drive, Neosho, Missouri
$72 per night, Complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast
A block of rooms is reserved until April 29. After that, reservations will be first-come, first-served

Super 8
http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Bo ... tyId=05166
3085 Gardner-Edgewood Drive Neosho, MO
(417) 455-1888
$52 per night, SuperStart breakfast

See you there. 8)

-------------------------------

UPDATE!

Big power-up for the Neosho MiDiv Series event: a Sunday Solo Shootout.

The regular MiDiv Solo series event will be held in its entirety on Saturday, with sessions on unique morning and afternoon courses combined for your normal series result, followed by the Saturday evening awards banquet.

Stay for Sunday, and join us for the first ever MiDiv Solo Shootout. For a small buy-in, you'll throw down in a college-basketball-style PAX elimination bracket, and top finishers get cash prizes. You'll be seeded based on your overall indexed ranking from Saturday. Everyone will start with a reconnaissance run, then match up against challengers until there's only one autocrosser standing. Don't worry if you get knocked out, though. We'll have fun runs at the end for anyone who gets bumped. Registered entrants will get details in their inbox soon.

Call it Match Tour Lite, a fun and easy way to experience a flavor of the SCCA's Match Tour Solo, the newest style of autocross competition. Must be a Saturday MiDiv competitor to get into the Sunday Solo Shootout.

Tentative Sunday schedule

1. Times
- Site open - 6:30 AM
- Course open for walking - 7:00 AM
- Signup period - 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM
- After T&S fills in bracket, brief drivers' meeting, bracket announced - 8:15 AM-ish

2. Tournament format
- Group A Runs / Group B Works until two drivers remain
- Group B Runs / Group A Works until two drivers remain

3. Final four showdown
- One optional warm-up / recon run for four remaining competitors
- Skeleton group of OMR volunteers work course, crowds get to watch final shootout
- Last autocrosser standing recognized, prizes awarded

4. Those interested in fun runs report to trailer
- Divided into half run, half work. Swap after 30-45 minutes
- Any tech-inspected vehicle may be used by entrant
- Passenger allowed per guidelines in SCCA rules
- Fun run participants asked to help stack cones when done
Last edited by SilverYota on Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

rad_dsm

Post by rad_dsm » Tue May 20, 2014 9:22 pm

Signed up and planing to attend. Who is the contact for Saturday tech? Thanks
2011 Chevrolet Camaro 2ss synergy green mattalic
65 FS RTR

JimR

Post by JimR » Wed May 21, 2014 9:43 am

I think Sam Henry is penciled in for chief of tech.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

mpower413

Post by mpower413 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:57 pm

Is there an option to run just Sunday. I'm being advised to attend a wedding on Saturday or else.

JimR

Post by JimR » Thu May 22, 2014 5:22 pm

Unfortunately for any wedding conflicts, both days comprise the score, and both days require the workers. Tech, registration, and all that also happen earlier in the weekend, and we hit it pretty early on Sunday.

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Thu May 22, 2014 8:39 pm

JimR wrote:I think Sam Henry is penciled in for chief of tech.
Correct. Look for an update here in the next couple days.

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Fri May 23, 2014 1:25 pm

A few months ago, I was assigned Chief of Tech for the OMR Divisional event in June. As chief of Tech for the OMR divisional, I wanted to give you some advanced notice about tech for the June event. A divisional event is a little different than our normal regional events.
The Divisional event in June is a 2 day solo event. It is expected that registration and tech are completed Friday evening to allow for two full days of solo fun. You will notice on the schedule of events that a pretty big time window is allowed for tech on Friday evening. This is when you should travel to the event site for tech (and registration). There is a token of time allowed Saturday morning, but this should be considered a hardship type of tech and it is by appointment only. It's intended for those who have emergences/tow failures/ etc. Saturday tech is not available just because someone wanted to come to the event site a day later etc. Please remember that the other tech inspectors and I will want to focus on our solo programs Saturday and Sunday.
In short. Tech is Friday evening. Tech will be located at the Springfield Dyno trailer. Saturday "hardship" tech by appointment only.
Tech inspection includes, but is not limited to:
Check tires - Good condition, no exposed cords, cracks in sidewalls.
Check wheel lugs for tightness, none missing.
Hub caps / wheel / lug covers removed.
Check wheel bearings for tightness.
Check seat belts for good condition, lap belts minimum are required. Racing harness should be mounted properly.
Check the battery mounting, must be mounted securely.
Check overall for fluid leaks.
Check that brake pedal is firm. Brake & clutch fluid levels are sufficient, no leaks.
Check throttle return spring.
Remove all loose items from interior, NO FLOOR MAT ON DRIVER SIDE.
Helmet must be of SNELL standard of correct year or newer. DOT only certification is NOT acceptable.

Vehicle Identification should be as required by the solo rule book, Some (but not all) of the requirements follow. Hit these and we will likely be good to go…
All vehicles must display numbers and class letters on both sides, which must be readable by Timing & Scoring, Course, and Grid workers at all times.
Only one set of numbers and class letters may be visible while the vehicle is running.
Numbers and class letters should be positioned next to each other. All letters and numbers must be on body panels, not on windows. All numbers and class letters must use the same typeface and the same color, and this color must provide adequate contrast to the background
Best Regards,
Sam Henry

JimR

Post by JimR » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:49 pm

If you are going, please register sooner than later. Give the entry count the bump that encourages people to sign up from out of town.

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:46 pm

Justin has the course maps. :wink:
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:54 pm

One thing I was told by SCCA Corporate concerning Regional/National tech is that they are there to ensure the safety of the cars not to class them or make sure they are legal for a particular class - that is the owner's job before coming to the event. :D
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:02 pm

I have no moneys for a Divisional right now, but Jeanie and I can help out where needed.

Most likely, this rain will be but a memory, and the Sun will be beating-down like it hates Southwest MO - we have a couple of popup-tents (Now with MOAR Cool-Mist Sprayers!) we can donate the use of. Shade is Good.
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

Ironhead

Post by Ironhead » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:41 pm

Bullitt2954 wrote:I can help out where needed.
Want to help me set up the course Friday afternoon?

Justin told me we can get on the lot at 2pm so that's what time I'll be there.
Korry
1996 Camaro Z28 - 96 ESP
Simple and crude, but effective. The car too.

Bullitt2954

Post by Bullitt2954 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:25 pm

Ironhead wrote:
Bullitt2954 wrote:I can help out where needed.
Want to help me set up the course Friday afternoon?

Justin told me we can get on the lot at 2pm so that's what time I'll be there.
Sure, I'll give a hand.

2 O' th' Clock Fred-Day.
-Scott Creech, #54STF - Hyundai Veloster "The BluMeanie!"

Parfois, on fait pas semblant

"The key to happiness is; If you cannot learn to do something well; learn to enjoy doing it poorly..."

flogger

Post by flogger » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:37 pm

Hey Korry and the "other" Scott -

You guys might want to get in touch with Don Wilson. I don't think you two made it to the last board meeting, but Don volunteered to try to sweep the lot before the Divisional. I think he meant the entire lot - not just the course. ( Sam pointed out, though, that there's a 25' perimeter to the lot, the sweeping of which would provide no real benefit to us ) If OMR gets access to the lot at 2:00, you might want to coordinate with Don WRT scheduling and logistics.

Thanks for doing Friday setup. I'll be on kid duty and waiting for my wife's Friday night flight to arrive back in Springfield, so I'll be down there Saturday AM.
Scott Woosley

Don

Post by Don » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:15 pm

The lot has been swept clean 100% concrete included all the way to the gate! Just waiting for Korry to perform his magic.