2015 Crowder waivers

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

flogger

2015 Crowder waivers

Post by flogger » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:55 am

As I was printing out 100 copies of the Crowder waivers to have on hand for the 3/29 Solo, Matt reminded me that instructions/recommendations to print and fill out in advance the Crowder waiver are given to individual registrants during the preregistration process. His recommendation (and it's brilliant) is to have each participant print out ~10 copies of these at the beginning of the year and then fill them out and bring the completed form to the individual events. Easily done, and it saves time at the waiver station.

Here's the link to the pdf file of the Crowder waiver.
(I found that scaling it to 140% made the printed result much more legible.)

http://www.omrscca.org/docs/CrowderColl ... 0,-408,800
Scott Woosley

flogger

Re: 2015 Crowder waivers

Post by flogger » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:30 am

I thought I'd post a reply to this so as to maybe get some more eyeballs and participation on this issue.

OK, here's the deal. I've been trying at the first two Solos to address some things that will make our events go more smoothly, both during the event itself, and also in the morning before cars are on course. Basically I'm trying to reduce the likely hangups and bottlenecks. For instance we've gotten new tripods for the timing lights to make them more stable and get more reliable tripping of the lights and so far it seems to have helped a lot. We have a new way of mounting the receiving antennae to get a stronger signal from the timing lights and that seems to have helped, too. More reliable T&S has allowed our events to go quicker, and fewer interruptions has meant less stress and more fun. Yay! We've also instituted an annual tech inspection program this year with the intention of reducing wait times at tech and minimizing that potential bottleneck. I haven't put a stopwatch on it or anything, but it seems to be helping. Another traditional bottleneck we have in the morning is getting people past the waiver station gate. Having the Crowder waiver signed and ready to go is something you guys can do to keep that line moving a lot quicker. I (and the people in line behind you) appreciate it. :-)
Scott Woosley