Neosho car show Saturday, 5/2

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

JimR

Neosho car show Saturday, 5/2

Post by JimR » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:00 am

If anyone is free on Saturday afternoon, there is a sizable car show on the Neosho square. Might be a good chance to bring your competition vehicle and magnetic numbers to promote the autocross the next day at Crowder. I have the OMR vinyl banner at my house in Rogers, and I could probably find some SCCA promotional materials if someone is interested in taking them.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/news/local_n ... 4314b.html
NEOSHO, Mo. — The Neosho square this coming weekend will welcome an abundance of cars and motorcycles during the annual Car and Bike Cruise Night.

The event draws everything from antique cars to modern rides, with a number of local car clubs participating, Neosho Area Chamber of Commerce event coordinator Ashley Ackerson said.

"I just encourage those who like to show off their cars to come on out," she said.

And even if looking at cars isn't your thing, there will also be food, a DJ, prizes and a 50/50 drawing.

You can preregister your vehicle for the event at tinyurl.com/neoshocruisenight. It's not required, but it will make your check-in process a little easier.

Ackerson told me that hundreds of people typically bring their cars and motorcycles to the event, which the chamber has been hosting for at least seven years. While it's hard to say how many people typically turn out, "the square is usually packed," she said.

"There’s definitely going to be a fun crowd there."

The Car and Bike Cruise Night runs from 3 to 7 p.m. Saturday on the Neosho square. More information is available from the chamber at 417-451-1925.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD