Bonus event added 7/12 to the 2015 OMR Solo Season schedule !

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

flogger

Bonus event added 7/12 to the 2015 OMR Solo Season schedule !

Post by flogger » Wed May 20, 2015 10:32 am

This will be at the big lot at Crowder on July 12th. It is a bonus autocross that the board agreed on adding to our schedule this year because of schedule conflicts with the SCCA Solo Nats and Rallyx championships for our August and September events. In order to secure the site and coordinate our resources, we try to schedule our entire season early in the calendar year. This time, national level SCCA events got scheduled after our schedule was defined which created conflicts. Rather than reschedule our existing events, we decided to add an event and increase the number of potentially discarded results that are used in calculating our "Driver of the Year" points totals. This way, we get more events, and the people who represent our region in the national championships don't get penalized for doing so. Seems like a win-win to me. Official info will be posted when we get a chance, I'm just trying to give as many people as I reasonably can an advanced heads up. :-) No on-site lunch service is planned.
Scott Woosley