2015 Solo Nationals – Join the SportsCar Crew

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

spitfire4gp

2015 Solo Nationals – Join the SportsCar Crew

Post by spitfire4gp » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:35 pm

I’m the Chief of Writers at the 2015 Solo Nationals (Sept 8-11 in Lincoln, Neb.). Do you enjoy writing?
I need about two dozen writers to cover the event. Ideal is people there all four days -- Tuesday-Wednesday drivers who can cover Thursday-Friday classes -- but same-day drivers/writers is possible depending on what the run/work order ends up being. We won’t know that until August, so I need a list of volunteers to draw from now.
The perks are:
1-This counts as your work assignment,
2-You do most of it sitting in the stands or chatting with other drivers, and
3-If you’re there all four days you may get to NOT have to work on the days you run.
The necessaries are:
1-I prefer people who are there all four days (enabling #3 above), but I can use some same-day people -- it depends what heat you end up running. I do NOT assign conflicts -- your own competition comes first.
2-You must get stories back to me within about 10 days -- everyone does it via e-mail these days.
You do NOT need polished writing ability. What we do need is people who are good observers and, yes, even good bench racers.
No one should have to write up more than two classes or cover classes in more than two heats (Open and Ladies are considered one class for story purposes). The basic job is to be there when the classes are running, talk to a couple of the key players, then write a story of about 500 words (likely after you get home). Writing talent is secondary -- the eyes and ears of the reporters are what is most valuable.
If you can be part of the crew this year, please send me a direct e-mail (rocky@spitfire4.com) telling me:
1. Your name
2. Mailing address
3. Phone numbers (home, work, cell)
4. e-mail address
5. Your class, days you run [see schedule below]
6. What day you plan to arrive/leave Lincoln
7. Any preferences for classes you'd like to cover
8. Second choice for event work assignment in case I can't use you as a writer.
I’ll reply confirming I got your e-mail, then you’ll hear from me next after the run/work order comes out which is when I can make the story assignments.
If you enter online through SCCA.com, when you reach “Work Preference” select “Other” and write in “SportsCar Writer.” If you enter using the paper entry form, in the “Worker Information” area circle “OTHER” and write in "SportsCar Writer."
If you've already sent your entry and checked off some other worker preference, just let me know what you checked. I can get it changed.
Hope to hear from you soon!

--Rocky Entriken
Chief of Writers

Run Days for 2015 Solo Nationals:
~~~TUE-WED~~~
SSR BS ES FS HS
STS
CAM-(all)
SSP ASP BSP CSP DSP ESP
SSM SMF
XP DP EP
AM FM FSAE