2015 solo season DOY summary

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

springfielddyno

2015 solo season DOY summary

Post by springfielddyno » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:08 pm

At the last board meeting, I was asked to post a couple things to the forums... The first was a summary of the DOY standings. DOY is calculated using the normal points system, but based on the PAX standings for the events... Mark F, Opie V, Bud W, and myself are multi time winners of this year end award. I suspect Brad H, and Mark H have won similar type awards in the past as well, but are not OMR members so they can't take home our awards. However they can be spoilers taking valuable points away from OMR regulars. Scott W sent me some numbers and I generated a couple of lists. It looks like we have a couple battles shaping up, but it is early because we have three events left and someone like Martin or Bobby could shake things up by knocking down some top finishes. Reminder top 6 will count when the dust settles (same for individual classes).

The first list is the most telling for me. It's the top 3 scores. Knowing that there are 3 events left, it's the best list if you think your last 3 events will be keepers and not dropped.

place Name best 3
1 Mark Foley 45
2 Opie Viets 42
3 Sam Henry 39
4 Brad Holliday * 26
5 Scott Woosley 21
6 Gregg McNabb 20
7 Bud Weeks 18
8 Mark Hill * 12
9 Eric Davis * 10
10 Tom DeYoung * 8
11 Dominic Abeitman 7
12 Greg Cheney * 6
13 Kent Willer 5
14 Mike Herrick * 5
15 Kevin Murphy * 4
16 Ryan Black 4
17 WB Sephus * 4
18 Bobby Jasan * 4
19 Don Wilson 3
20 Bryan Simphaly 3
21 Justin Huffman 3
22 Jeff Turner * 3
23 Martin Henry 3
24 Jim Rowland 1
25 Robert Seelig * 1
26 Jason Heisler 1

THe next list is the top 6 events so far, but this list kinda rewards those with better attendance... As those who have missed an event or two complete more events, they will naturally jump up the list.

place Name Best 6 total
1 Mark Foley 67
2 Opie Viets 65
3 Sam Henry 59
4 Gregg McNabb 32
5 Bud Weeks 31
6 Brad Holliday * 30
7 Scott Woosley 24
8 Mark Hill * 12
9 Eric Davis * 10
10 Tom DeYoung * 8
11 Dominic Abeitman 6
12 Greg Cheney * 6
13 Kent Willer 5
14 Mike Herrick * 5
15 Kevin Murphy * 4
16 Ryan Black 4
17 WB Sephus * 4
18 Bobby Jasan * 4
19 Don Wilson 3
20 Bryan Simphaly 3
21 Justin Huffman 3
22 Jeff Turner * 3
23 Martin Henry 3
24 Jim Rowland 1
25 Robert Seelig * 1
26 Jason Heisler 1

THe * is a non omr member. Remember this is not an official score, but if you think there is an error, send me an email and I'll make sure the official lists are not incorrect...

So, I think brad, scott, bud, and greg are going to have a nice battle to the end of the season. However, I think it will be hard for them to jump into the top 3. It's not impossible, but I think they'll need a meltdown from someone in the top 3... I know I'm developing a new car, so if there is a meltdown, I think it will be me. The top three is not locked down, but I think Mark is in the best shape... If he wins in September, he will knock me out of contention for DOY, but he will need a few more points from OCT or someone to keep opie off the top step the last two events to lock it down. But, Mark is in the driver's seat at this point, and he deserves it with strong finishes.

Sam