SOLO Event #8 :: 10/03/2015 - Neosho

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

flogger

SOLO Event #8 :: 10/03/2015 - Neosho

Post by flogger » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:31 am

OMRSCCA SOLO Event #8
Saturday, October 3rd, 2015
Crowder Truck Driving School
Neosho, Missouri [Map]

Register Online!
[Click for online registration powered by MotorsportReg]
Additional MotorsportReg instructions and details here. Please pre-register online to save time on the day of the event.

Event Information Car Numbers and Classes
Car Numbers are exclusive for this season, meaning only one person is allowed to run a number during the entire year no matter what class you are in (e.g. Car number 10 John Doe in SS, you would not be able to use 10 even if you ran a different class). During pre-registration, if a number is not shown when it is time to choose, then it is already in use this year.

Amenities
There are gas stations, WalMart, and fast food on Highway 59 about a mile North of the intersection of MO-D. There is no air available at the site, so prepare accordingly. Our friends at the Crowder College Trucking School usually grill lunch on-site at modest cost.

Directions from Springfield
Take I-44 to US 71 South, and exit at Highway 60 Neosho/Seneca. Go East to the light at US 59/71B (WalMart will be on your right). Turn right to go South on 59, and follow the signs for Crowder College and Highway MO-D. Turn left onto MO-D, and it will take you straight to Crowder College. Once you reach the stop sign at the entrance of Crowder, turn right onto Doniphan and head towards the windmill. Turn left onto National Guard Drive just past the windmill, and follow the SCCA signs and cones to the site.

Coming from somewhere else? Plug it into Google Maps:
[Google Maps - Crowder College]

Site Map - click to view

Run / Work
Typically, half of the classes run in one heat, while other other half help work the event. Then we switch after lunch. Work assignments will be balanced to ensure even work coverage for all stations in all heats. If you show up late to the event or late to your work assignment, you may not be allowed to participate.

If we have over 80 entrants, we will go to a three-heat format:
  • Work heat 1 / Drive heat 3
  • Work heat 2 / Drive heat 1
  • Work heat 3 / Drive heat 2
Crowder College has asked us to sign a waiver at every event in addition to the normal SCCA waiver. If you have access to a printer, please print and fill out a copy in advance so you don't have to stand around filling one out at the gate to the site.
http://www.omrscca.org/docs/CrowderColl ... elease.pdf

Don't hesitate to ask any questions here or via our Facebook page. See you there!

Special Note: This is our 8th event for the year and takes place on Saturday the 3rd. Sunday the 4th is our 9th event and is separate and requires a separate preregistration process. If you're coming for both days, be sure to preregister for both events. Thanks.

The latest word is that Crowder College's Trucking school will be grilling lunch on site for both days, so bring some cash and an appetite.
Scott Woosley

flogger

Re: SOLO Event #8 :: 10/03/2015 - Neosho

Post by flogger » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:52 am

As of now, the forecast for the upcoming doubleheader autocross weekend sounds very nice. The chance of rain has dropped to 0% for both days with highs of 67 and 69, and lows of 47 and 48 in Neosho.

The last I've heard, Crowder Trucking School is still planning on selling grilled lunches on site as a fund raiser. They do a good job and the prices are reasonable, so let's try to support 'em.

Make sure you preregister for both events separately. These are 2 separate events, not a single 2 day event. We're not setup for and can't take money for Sunday's event on Saturday, but non-members can hold on to their copies of their weekend membership forms from Saturday so they don't have to pay the $15 weekend membership fee again on Sunday. That's right! A single weekend membership covers both days!
Scott Woosley

flogger

Post by flogger » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:04 pm

I jinxed it. Shortly after my previous post, which included info about grilled lunches, I got a message that the trucking school will NOT be able to do their fundraising lunch service this weekend. Too many scheduling conflicts and illnesses among their volunteers was the reason given. Bummer. I always pictured it was a good lunch for us and a fundraiser for a worthy cause for them (trucking school student scholarships), so it was a win-win, but oh well. Anyhow, pack a lunch as there will be NO LUNCH SERVICE ON-SITE THIS WEEKEND.
Scott Woosley

flogger

Post by flogger » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:46 am

Note: Preregistration for the Saturday, 10/3 event closes at midnight on Thursday, 10/1

preregistration for Sunday, 10/4 closes at midnight on Friday, 10/2
Scott Woosley

flogger

Post by flogger » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:58 am

Results are posted

http://omrscca.org/results
Scott Woosley

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:47 pm

Nice run Bud Weeks... Very cool top PAX... and not by a small margin either!

Sam

budweeks

Post by budweeks » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:49 pm

Thanks Sam. I thought maybe Sam would design a course that would flow nicely for a turbo Miata.....you know, sweeping corners, fairly narrow gates, etc. But no......we get a course that was pretty technical with lots of oddly spaced gates. I thoroughly enjoyed it but it took a lot of brain work to get it mostly right. Thanks Sam for your hard work setting up the course as well as for a course that I managed to do well on.

Thanks also to all the folks who helped set up and run the event. And it is always good to see people coming from out-of-town to run our events.

Bud