2016 OMR SCCA Solo #2 "Spring Spin"

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

flogger

2016 OMR SCCA Solo #2 "Spring Spin"

Post by flogger » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:57 am

The second autocross of OMR SCCA's 2016 season preregistration is open. Find the link on our homepage http://www.omrscca.org .

Please preregister. Also, if you can print the Crowder waiver at home and sign it in advance, that'll make the line at the waiver table go MUCH faster. I know we have a number of people that have applied for hard cards but not received them yet (myself included). Thanks. The real point of this is to make the waiver station and registration go faster. Any other members that want to apply for a hard card are especially appreciated. You can do that via the SCCA web site.

The annual tech program started up again at the last event - be sure to bring your cards and you can collect your sticker from tech very quickly, making the process go faster for everyone. If you qualify for the program and didn't get a card at the season opener event - boot to the head. (j/k) Seriously, though just get the card. It's easy and makes events go smoother. Thanks.

If your car leaks fluids please fix them. This was a real issue at the last event. We appreciate the use of Crowder College's lot and want to take care of it so that we continue to be welcome there. Just like our participants are expected to pickup trash and leave the site clean, we also expect them to leave the pavement clean. If you do drip unexpectedly, be prepared to clean up after yourself. Thanks.
Scott Woosley

JimR

Re: 2016 OMR SCCA Solo #2 "Spring Spin"

Post by JimR » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:53 am

Solo Event #2 is coming up this weekend. Make it a breeze:

If you're new...
Ask about your class now if you don't know it. We can help you out here and via Facebook, but please ask before the day of the event.

Also, check out the novice guide and get a copy of our novice handout.

Pre-register online
Not signing up beforehand is so last century. Click here and sign up now. If you're not sure that you can make it, there is no cost or extra work to just sign up anyway. This saves a ton of time.

Print out Crowder waiver
Do you have a printer? Then print out this PDF ahead of time. You can even type in your information before you print. Another time-saver.

Annual waiver
If you are an annual SCCA member, getting a "hard card" means you no longer have to sign the SCCA waiver and get an armband at every single event. We'll have the form at the event, and it only takes 10 seconds. You still have to fill out the Crowder form every time, but you can print it out in advance.

Imagine: pull up to the gate, show your hard card, hand over the Crowder waiver, and drive on in.

Show up on time
Registration closes at 10:00 AM, but that doesn't mean showing up at 9:45 AM will cut it. Give yourself time to unload your car, get tech inspected, register, and walk the course.

Have a tech-ready car
Fix your leaks and avoid common fails like a loose battery.

I'm setting up April's course, and here's the rough outline of how the site will be laid out.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

JimR

Post by JimR » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:21 pm

Spectator areas for this event will be paddock and the grass between the asphalt and the access road. People can park on the access road parallel to the Solo pad if they would like. This is not a course that we want non-competitors congregating in grid, though.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

Kent

Post by Kent » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:37 pm

Great course Jim! Fun, challenging, and quick places. If I was on my line I was good, if I was late at all oh boy........ :shock:

A smooth day in all. Great driving Bud, I'm thinking you like the RE-71's. Fast Bobby Jason, wow! Great time spent with you all, looking forward to next month.

Kent

Thorox

Post by Thorox » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:00 pm

"Spectator areas for this event will be paddock and the grass between the asphalt and the access road."

I felt like with the track setup and grid, this worked really well for what seemed like a large number of visitors and kids.

flogger

Post by flogger » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:45 pm

Results are posted

http://omrscca.org/results

Excellent event. Well done, everybody. Bonus points to Jim Rowland for designing an excellent and challenging course.

Great big thanks to all the regular volunteers who do all the hard work around here. You know who you are. ;-)

Special thanks to Glen Moore of Red Zombie Racing for supplemental trophies for the top ten in PAX.
Scott Woosley

budweeks

Post by budweeks » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:55 am

Whoa! Way to go Bobby! Put the rest of us on the trailer.

Only time for a quick comment here.....great course, great folks, safe event....let's do it again next month.

Thanks to all the regulars who make things happen so well and to all the volunteers who helped with set-up and tear-down.

Bud

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:31 pm

Nice run bobby.

Nice course Jim. My favorite Jim course to date!