2016 OMR SCCA Solo #3 "Autocross Mayhem"

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

flogger

2016 OMR SCCA Solo #3 "Autocross Mayhem"

Post by flogger » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:30 pm

Preregistration is open for our May 22 autocross, titled "Autocross Mayhem"

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/om ... k-mountain

Our first two events of the year have been quite successful and lots of fun. I fully expect this event to be more of the same. Speaking of more of the same, here are some quick reminders of subjects we've touched on before.
1. Get an annual tech card if you qualify for it.
2. Get an annual hard card.
3. Print and sign your Crowder waiver in advance.
4. Fix your leaks and clean up after yourself if necessary. (BTW, event #2 was much better in this regard. Thank you.)

Autocross Mayhem's course designer will be Kent Willer (you know him as the fast guy in the S2000 who beat us all badly at our season opener event).
Scott Woosley

budweeks

Re: 2016 OMR SCCA Solo #3 "Autocross Mayhem"

Post by budweeks » Sun May 22, 2016 8:02 pm

Hey All,

When I arrived at our site today and had a chance to walk the course, I just knew that there would be no way to could do well. It looked like a power course, where about 400 hp would be just right. Notwithstanding that I felt like crap from way too much activity the previous two days....including when the guys arrived Friday morning to take down the dead towering oak tree in our front yard with earthshaking "ker-thumps" when big pieces of it fell that you could feel in the back part of the house, and that I was sure were going to come through the roof.....I am still so surprised that I was able to do well on that course.

So. Kent, I take everything back that I said and thought about the course. Good job! And thanks to you and Jim for putting together the course and all the others that helped in one way or another today.

Bud

Kent

Post by Kent » Sun May 22, 2016 8:57 pm

budweeks wrote:Hey All,

When I arrived at our site today and had a chance to walk the course, I just knew that there would be no way to could do well. It looked like a power course, where about 400 hp would be just right. Notwithstanding that I felt like crap from way too much activity the previous two days....including when the guys arrived Friday morning to take down the dead towering oak tree in our front yard with earthshaking "ker-thumps" when big pieces of it fell that you could feel in the back part of the house, and that I was sure were going to come through the roof.....I am still so surprised that I was able to do well on that course.

So. Kent, I take everything back that I said and thought about the course. Good job! And thanks to you and Jim for putting together the course and all the others that helped in one way or another today.

Bud
Thank you Bud, too funny. You drove that Mini fast! Awesome driving, congrats on 1st in PAX.

markyf

Post by markyf » Mon May 23, 2016 11:26 am

Yes, great driving, Bud!
The course was a blast! Power was definitely fun, but obviously was not too important.
Or maybe... we should check the dyno power of that Mini.
Mark F
'99 Firebird Formula 6-speed hardtop ESP
'99 Trans Am WS6 6-speed black ragtop ESP
'69 Z28 silver/black DZ302 4-speed SOLD

flogger

Post by flogger » Mon May 23, 2016 9:21 pm

Results are posted

http://omrscca.org/results

I'm still exhausted, but what an event! 82 drivers, a big, long fast course, with some tricky bits that I consistently miss drove, some normal key personnel unavailable, and a bunch of other people stepping up and doing more than their regular share made for quite a day. I had lots of people offering to put in more than just their regular work assignment in order to make the event go well, and I very much appreciate all the volunteerism. You guys rock. Obviously, I'll miss some names, but I'll quickly mention some people as they pop into my head as I type this.
Kent and Jim for course design and setup. They gave up most of their Saturdays to get out there and make this mega course happen. Paul Smith for a major shopping trip of supplies. Tim Datema and Jason Mulkey for running registration in the AM. Opie for coming early and running the waiver table. Mark Foley for rotating in to registration and letting those guys get a course walk. Alisha for cookies (always appreciated). Matt for delivering the laptop and cash box to me Saturday night. Jim Rowland for running the drivers meeting and novice course walk. Oh, and also for some excellent pictures. Is there anything this guy doesn't do? Bobby Jasan and Jason Heisler's oversight in T&S were very helpful, too. Also, Stan for being the go to guy for resolving some issues at T&S. I also want to offer a HUGE thank you to Mark Foley for staying late and returning the trailer to it's spot at the end of the event. Just like me, I'm sure he'd rather have been on the road by then, but he stayed late and made sure it got done. He earns a free autocross at the next OMR regional event he attends (not the Midiv, though) ;-)
Oh, and also, big thanks to the 5 or 6 newbies who stayed to help load the trailer at the end of the day. You guys saved me. I had strained my wrist a little unloading the trailer in the morning, and I was concerned about getting all that stuff back in there by myself. I hope to see you all at the Midiv in June, and at regional events in the future.
I seem to say this after every event, but great big thanks to Glen Moore at Red Zombie Racing for custom trophies and memorabilia prizes for the top ten in PAX. Find them on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/redzombieracingnascar/
Scott Woosley