Hotels for 6/24-25 in Neosho for the Midiv Solo hosted by OMR

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

flogger

Hotels for 6/24-25 in Neosho for the Midiv Solo hosted by OMR

Post by flogger » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:15 pm

Here's the scoop on the deals I've been able to line up for the nights of 6/24 and 6/25 for our Midiv Solo

Best Western Big Spring Lodge 417 455-2300
We have a block of 12 rooms, all King bed non-smoking
no dual queens were available
rate is 72.99 + tax down from $83 + tax per google
If by chance we get 18 rooms filled, they'll knock another $2 off for everybody, but only 12 are currently held for us.
reference SCCA Midiv 2016 when calling in

Super 8 Neosho 417 455-1888
10 rooms reserved for us - all King non-smoking
reference SCCA Midiv for %10 off (currently google lists these at $51 + tax, but in my experience hotel room prices are fluid)

Booneslick Lodge Neosho 417 455-0888
(6) King non-smoke @ $54 (down from $56)
(4) double queens non-smoke @ $56 (down from $60)
max occupancy rates apply
reference SCCA Midiv for the discount

Oh, and I'm staying at the Best Western, so technically, there's only a block of 11 remaining there. :-)
Scott Woosley

flogger

Re: Hotels for 6/24-25 in Neosho for the Midiv Solo hosted by OMR

Post by flogger » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:36 pm

I took a call today from Booneslick Lodge. They haven't had many SCCA people from our Midiv Solo book rooms yet, and there's some other event in town on the weekend of the 25th. They are nearly out of rooms including the ones I asked them to set aside. Anyhow, they said we need people to book rooms with them in the next day or two before they release them for general public. If you want to stay at Booneslick Lodge, (and do so at our negotiated slightly reduced rate) now's the time to book it. That's probably a very good idea for the other 2 hotels I made arrangements for, too. Also, if you've already booked a stay there and not identified yourself as being with "SCCA Midiv", maybe you could give them a call and make sure they know you're with our group as they're a little baffled at how few SCCA people are booked so far, as compared to previous years. Thanks
Scott Woosley

JimR

Re: Hotels for 6/24-25 in Neosho for the Midiv Solo hosted by OMR

Post by JimR » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:20 am

Booking early was sage advice. The three main hotels on the list are now full, unless they are still holding a SCCA block. The smaller motels not on the booking sites may have rooms available. Joplin is also an option.

The "other event" on Saturday, June 25, turns out to be Celebrate Neosho, the town's annual festival. Jet car, B-26 display, fireworks, etc.

http://www.neoshomo.org/index.aspx?nid=155

I happened to pass through Neosho during their festival last year, and the airport was packed. They fill up the field south of the airport along 59/71 with cars. If you are coming from Arkansas and shortcut past the airport to reach Crowder from the south, avoid on Saturday. Make sure to use the main four-lane road (MO-D) into Crowder.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD