Invite to region for a Tesla Motors Test Ride and Drive Event(s)

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

flogger

Invite to region for a Tesla Motors Test Ride and Drive Event(s)

Post by flogger » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:46 am

Here's a copy of an email I sent to the board and a few other particularly active members Tuesday prior to the board meeting. Oh, and it's already been pointed out that I wrote "SW Springfield" when I meant "SE Springfield". Ugh.

A friend of mine, Dr. Evan Fusco (director of emergency medicine at Mercy) is a Tesla owner and fan. He's been approached by Tesla to host (in conjunction with O'Reilly's) a test ride event 8/30 and a separate test drive event on 8/31. Tesla is providing the cars. The events will be at the Hilton Garden Inn in SW Springfield Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. O'Reilly is lining up media coverage. It struck me as not only interesting, but possibly a good demographic fit with our club. I told Evan I'd see what I could come up with as far as volunteers from OMR to assist with logistics and hospitality on Tuesday night. Wednesday is expected to be a much smaller event and they figure they are not going to need additional help then. I anticipate that we can wear OMR SCCA shirts and maybe have a small banner display and club literature available. Talking to Matt the other night, I think I got him to tentatively agree to help. I'll of course be there. I figure I only need another 2 to 4 club members to properly represent us there and provide the support they need for the event. So, do I have permission to represent the region in this way? and if so, who's in?

Here's a link to the Tuesday night event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1564130417228827/

and the Wednesday morning event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1187155248003229/

Thanks,

Scott Woosley

This is kind of an unofficial OMR thing. A few of us are going to be representing the region while providing assistance to somebody doing car related stuff outside of the club. Besides being a nice thing to do, it provides a little exposure of the club to some potentially like minded individuals.

I've already got plenty of volunteers to work Tuesday night, but Evan asked me to extend invites to the entire region's membership, so you're all welcome to attend. The Wednesday morning test drive event is quite limited, though (only so many cars and limited time) so they're asking for serious potential buyers only for that day's event. Anyhow, I expect this to be a good and interesting group, and for it to be a mutually beneficial gathering. Consider yourselves invited.
Scott Woosley

flogger

Re: Invite to region for a Tesla Motors Test Ride and Drive Event(s)

Post by flogger » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:54 am

Anybody who's a serious shopper for a Tesla Model S or X and is interested in the test drive event can contact me via PM on this board and I'll try to arrange for a spot for them in the test drive event on the 31st.
Scott Woosley

Thorox

Post by Thorox » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:13 pm

I believe Tesla just announced a leasing program also... $7k down and $600 a month for two years...

Gmcnabb

Post by Gmcnabb » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:01 pm

Attended the Tesla ride & drive event. It was great so see our club well represented.
The Tesla was an amazing car with the auto drive mode, completely quite ride along with the Launch mode that held you in the seat. With 0-60 in 2.7 seconds, no wheel spin, looks like it could be a great autocross car.

JimR

Post by JimR » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:09 pm

Tesla needs to make more sports cars based on Lotuses!

Anyone get pictures of the OMR group?
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD