Event #8 - Season Ending Solo Event

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

flogger

Event #8 - Season Ending Solo Event

Post by flogger » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:05 pm

Went great. Terrific warm fall weather, great course with a wide variety of elements, and a lot of nice people helping out.
Usual round of thanks to the usual suspects. Seriously - you guys do a lot to make our events so good. It's appreciated.
Special recognition goes out to the Mulkeys, both of whom showed up even though Alisha's due to deliver Sloane in about a week. That's commitment. :D

Thanks, everyone

Results are posted at http://omrscca.org/results

Don't forget - Tombstone Rally is Oct. 29th. It'll start at the regular spot in Highlandville and end at Springfield dyno (aka Sam's shop). More info will be put more prominently on our website for this shortly. Also, this event is NOT limited to SCCA members, and in fact has a history of attracting other car clubs. I consider it primarily a social event (maybe because I'm not very good at it) but it's a bunch of fun with a lot of interesting people.

Also, we're putting together a Charity/fundraising Solo type event on November 6th. I'm going to name this event "Kill All Tires!", as it's post season and maybe there are some people that are on dead tires (like me) that will need new tires for next season. This will be a good chance to abuse what's left of our current tires. Picture this as kind of a cross between a Solo and a test and tune. We'll keep times, but they just don't matter. Try some car setup changes. Try a different line on track. Try some different slip angles than what you normally tend to drive at, or work on a particular driving skill. This is the perfect time to do that sort of thing. The event will be capped at 30 entrants and is for invited OMR members only. The designated charities are a scholarship fund for Crowder College's truck driving school students, and scholarships for future Street Survival Students for when we start hosting Street Survival Schools again. We've gotten a drastically reduced rate for sanctioning and insurance from SCCA for this event and Crowder College has graciously donated the use of their facility for this charitable event. It will be preregistration mandatory, and by invitation only. I'll be sending out the invitations via email, and will do so putting extra emphasis on frequent OMRSCCA Solo participants. I apologize in advance if anyone doesn't get an invitation that wants one. I know I'm going to have to draw a line somewhere, but at this point I have no idea where that line's going to be. We are also planning on using this event to test the new Timing and Scoring Software. We'll try some of the new features and verify that the engine works correctly with our stuff. There'll be some training and familiarization with the interface for some of our key T&S people. At a later date, once the software engine is in place and we've got things humming along, we should be able to enable additional capabilities, including live scoring via either the web or a wi-fi based LAN. We're using this event as kind of a proof of concept/training ground for the new system.
Scott Woosley