March BOD meeting **NEW AXTI.ME SOFTWARE DEMO**

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

March BOD meeting **NEW AXTI.ME SOFTWARE DEMO**

Post by SilverYota » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:25 pm

We are going to be using a new timing software this year and this is where we need your help.

PLEASE read this page http://axti.me/how-axti-me-rm-works/ before coming to the meeting and understand that in the flow chart drawing:

1. The box labeled "AXTI.me RM" is OMR's laptop hooked to the FarmTek timer.
2. The boxes labeled "Course Worker" represent our corner captains, they contact the "Cone Counter" via walkie talkies.
3. All the other "role" boxes are talblets, phones, or other devices with web browsers that connect to AXTI.me over the local area network.
4. All of the timing/scoring roles are password protected (prevents just anyone from being able to mess with results), no password if you just want to see live timing/scoring.

Also, can we get a show of hands who can come to Big Whiskeys before or after the Mar 14th BOD meeting to familiarize yourself with the system?

I will setup the system by 6:00 pm (an hour before the meeting) and will likely stay until 10:00 pm.

If you want to be in on the live timing/scoring at the March Event #1, please try to make this meeting. If all goes well at the first event we can get the extra hardware and hopefully roll this out to everyone at Event #2.

The monthly OMRSCCA Board of Directors meeting is every second Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM. They're a casual open meeting for members and non-members alike, and everyone is welcome to hear and be heard. Have a bite to eat, talk club business, and bench race until you want to go home.

When
Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Where
Big Whiskey's (bar/restaurant)
1550 E Battlefield, Springfield
Google Maps
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

markyf

Re: March BOD meeting **NEW AXTI.ME SOFTWARE DEMO**

Post by markyf » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:57 am

I'd like to learn this system and help out if I can. See you there.
Mark F
'99 Firebird Formula 6-speed hardtop ESP
'99 Trans Am WS6 6-speed black ragtop ESP
'69 Z28 silver/black DZ302 4-speed SOLD

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:21 pm

Thanks Mark, looking forward to seeing you there.

Hoping to get a few more in on this, don't let the wordy description above scare you off thinking it's to technical. The whole point of the new software is to have interaction between more worker roles (lots of hands make light work), meaning tech, car querer, cone counter, timing/scoring, and others can each have their own login, with a screen designed for that task.

NO SOFTWARE/APPS OR OUTSTANDING COMPUTER SKILLS ARE REQUIRED.

Come to the meeting with your smartphone, connect to our Wi-Fi, and type in the web address. You'll be greeted with intuitive, large, touchscreen friendly buttons that just make sense. If you can surf the web and check email, you'll likely breeze right through this.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

Gmcnabb

Post by Gmcnabb » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:42 pm

Looks like a new and fun thing. I will be there to learn on Tuesday.

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:27 pm

Glad you can make it Gregg, I think you'll be impressed.

Are there any Joplin, Pittsburg or NWA folks that might carpool up, it would be worth your trip. Again I plan on being there and setup @ 6pm and will stay after the meeting is over in an effort to fit everyone's schedule.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

redazz

Post by redazz » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:46 pm

I will be there Tuesday night. As early as I can.
John Powell