2017 OMR SCCA SOLO Event #2 4/30/2017 At Crowder College

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

2017 OMR SCCA SOLO Event #2 4/30/2017 At Crowder College

Post by SilverYota » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:24 am

Scheduled course designer: Jim Rowland

Note: New pricing this year
Full, annual SCCA Members =$30 minus $10 discount for preregistering, so $20 if preregistered

Non-annual members = $50 ($30 for the event, plus a mandatory $20 weekend membership fee), but again, there's a $10 discount if you preregister, so by preregistering it'll be $40.

Pro Tip = Preregister!

Crowder Truck Driving School
Neosho, Missouri [Map]

Preregister Online!

[Click for online preregistration powered by MotorsportReg]

Additional MotorsportReg instructions and details here.

Event Information

OMR event details, maps, and costs
Novice Guide
About Tech Inspections

Car Numbers and Classes
We allow duplicate numbers as long as they are in different classes. If any given number in a class has already been used in an event this year, then that number/class combination is reserved for the remainder of the year, and will not be available to any other driver. Please note, we are counting on Course workers to follow standard radio protocol and properly identify car# AND CLASS when calling in to T&S. Thanks

Amenities
There are gas stations, WalMart, and fast food on Highway 59 about a mile North of the intersection of MO-D. There is no air available at the site, so prepare accordingly.

Directions from Springfield
Take I-44 to US 71 South, and exit at Highway 60 Neosho/Seneca. Go East to the light at US 59/71B (WalMart will be on your right). Turn right to go South on 59, and follow the signs for Crowder College and Highway MO-D. Turn left onto MO-D, and it will take you straight to Crowder College. Once you reach the stop sign at the entrance of Crowder, turn right onto Doniphan and head towards the windmill. Turn left onto National Guard Drive just past the windmill, and follow the SCCA signs and cones to the site.

Coming from somewhere else? Plug it into Google Maps:
[Google Maps - Crowder College]

Site Map
Run / Work
Typically, half of the classes run in one heat, while other other half help work the event. Then we switch after lunch. Work assignments will be balanced to ensure even work coverage for all stations in all heats. If you show up late to the event or late to your work assignment, you may not be allowed to participate.

If we have over 80 entrants, we will typically go to a three-heat format:
•Work heat 1 / Drive heat 3
•Work heat 2 / Drive heat 1
•Work heat 3 / Drive heat 2

Crowder College has asked us to sign a waiver at every event in addition to the normal SCCA waiver. If you have access to a printer, please print and fill out a copy in advance so you don't have to stand around filling one out at the gate to the site. Better yet, print out a bunch right now and have them ready to go for the whole season!

Click here for Crowder waiver link

ALSO: Please fix your fluid leaks prior to the event, and be prepared to clean up after yourselves should you drip onto the pavement. We want to continue to be good stewards of this excellent site, and expect our participants to behave appropriately. Thank you.

It is also very important to drive slowly and safely on the Crowder College campus. Hooning is not tolerated and will result in suspension.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions here on our Forum or via our Facebook page. See you there!
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

flogger

Re: 2017 OMR SCCA SOLO Event #2 4/30/2017 At Crowder College

Post by flogger » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:31 pm

1 more week. :-)
Scott Woosley

JimR

Post by JimR » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Word from the OMR board is that the 4/30/2017 Solo will be postponed. Discussions on an alternative or makeup date are pending.

Flooding was the main concern. We can handle a little rain an autocross, but the possibility of drainage problems at the site was raised by Crowder. Another round of heavy rain is ripe for problems. The railroad underpasses leading to the college entrance are especially prone to flooding, and even the most optimistic forecasts place a lot of rain in the area right up until Sunday morning. Sam even talked with a meteorologist. Ugly weekend ahead.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

Kent

Post by Kent » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:44 pm

Good Call on safety.

I'm crazy and just might try to float the car to Neosho if there was racing ahead.... :roll:

JimR

Post by JimR » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:54 pm

MO-D/Doniphan from highway 59 all the way past Crowder and the National Guard entrance next door is currently closed. No way to even access the site without one of these:

Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

flogger

Post by flogger » Thu May 11, 2017 5:04 am

Event # 2 is rescheduled for October 22.

The board guessed right about the weather, as Crowder College was inaccessible due to record levels of rain. There was widespread flooding in areas in and around Neosho, but the report is that no buildings were damaged at Crowder College. Glad to know they escaped relatively unscathed, because that was definitely not the case for everyone.

The October 22 event will be part of the regular season, and will require separate preregistration. Even if you preregistered for Event #2 of 4/30, you'll have to preregister for the October 22 event.
Scott Woosley

budweeks

Post by budweeks » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:19 pm

OK, we finally were able to run OMR event # 2, otherwise known as the Oct. 22 makeup autocross. It was cold, rainy, wet, windy, sunny warm, and slippery. First heat drivers had a wet course to drive on. Second heat drivers had a dry/wet/dry/wet/dry course to drive on.

I want to be the first to congratulate Kent Willer as OMR's 2017 Autocrosser of the Year. Kent, you've earned it. I've watched Kent improve event by event for the past couple of years. Very well done! Kent also got his first top PAX for this year to make sure he would come out on top in points. Also, thanks for setting up a challenging course.

Thanks to all those folks who helped with setup, with running the event, and with teardown.

I spun big-time on my first run just a couple of hundred feet from the start. It was noted by quite a number of people. Tire smoke and everything. It goes to show that you can really stink it up out there and still come out smelling like a.....well, maybe not a rose but maybe more like a pine tree air freshener.

OMR is tops!

Bud

Kent

Post by Kent » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:22 pm

WOW! That was an eventful day! I won $3 8)

Thank you Bud, I really appreciate the kind words. I enjoy my time spent with all of you all, it's fun playing with cars. It has been an absolute blast competing with you Mark, Sam, Jason, Bud, Charlie, Scott, and everyone that has made it out to an event. The community is AWESOME.

The course turned out to be a little tighter than I wanted, so those of you that might not have liked it I hope that helps.

I'm learning every day, the moment I stop learning I think I'll be in the ground.

Looking forward to playing with cars Saturday, see you guys there.

Kent