OMR Tombstone Rally & Social - Sat. Oct 28 2017

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

SilverYota

OMR Tombstone Rally & Social - Sat. Oct 28 2017

Post by SilverYota » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:51 am

Fall is here, and an annual Ozark Mountain Region tradition is right around the corner. Enjoy a drive with friends ending with food and fun at the Longpine's.

OMR Tombstone Rally and Social
October 28, 2017

Start Time: 1:00 pm, with first car off around 1:30 pm
Start Place: Willard South Elementary, 4151 W. Division, Springfield, MO
End Location: 4535 E. Farm Road 144, Springfield, MO 65809
Cost: Donations to cover cost of food requested

Competitors (driver and navigator) will answer, and find answers along the road, to trivia questions. Expect a leisurely drive of roughly 73.87 miles of the most scenic paved roads in the Ozarks, ending with a party at the Longpine's house. The club is covering entry fees, but a small donation is requested to cover costs of food.

Contact Matt Longpine with any questions. Four one seven area code, 894 - 7544. He guarantees a fun time, or your entry fee money back.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

SilverYota

Re: OMR Tombstone Rally & Social - Sat. Oct 28 2017

Post by SilverYota » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:48 am

Okay everyone, as usual in southwest Missouri we kind of skipped fall weather and jumped right in the winter, unfortunately it happened the day before our rally. Please dress accordingly and realize that our garage does not have heat, so whatever the temp is outside is what the we will be in the garage. The plan is to get a fire pit or 2 going.

If everyone could park 2 deep on both sides of the driveway in the front we should be okay, absolutely no parking on the street. People drive way too fast on our 30 mph road and there is no shoulder. If we fill up and we'll move some cars the backyard.

One last piece of advice, and you're gonna hear me say this many times probably, back into your parking spots. I don't know what it is about our front yard hill but it is nearly impossible to see what's going on behind your car backing down after dark.

For any newbies, the food is provided and we will have a donation jar to help cover costs, but please BYFSNB (Bring Your Favorite Saturday Night Beverage). Water and juice boxes will be there for the kids.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. We are thinking about sending a few of the more experienced people before 1:30 if you are there and ready.
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

SilverYota

Post by SilverYota » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:37 am

My apologies, I took a picture a long time ago of this and thought I had posted it, but realized today I had not. During the Tombstone Rally someone brought over a small Chrome spatula and left it here. Just contact me and we will get it back home.
spatula.jpg
spatula.jpg (2.97 MiB) Viewed 9919 times
Matt Longpine
'88 MR2

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:06 am

It is Jen's