2018 OMR Solos #3 & #4, 5/19 & 5/20

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

budweeks

2018 OMR Solos #3 & #4, 5/19 & 5/20

Post by budweeks » Mon May 21, 2018 6:04 am

Hey All,
Wow, what a weekend! Two great courses designed by Brad Holliday. The rains missed us for the most part....the exception being the storm Sunday morning early that blew Saturday's course into the weeds so it all had to be set up again. Brad craftily made a course Sunday with a couple of water hazards just for sport. :-) No matter, it all worked out in the end.

I talked to a number of people who had come either from out-of-region to run with us, or were new or reconnecting with autocross after an absence. It was great to see new people at an OMR event.

My weekend autocrossing was sandwiched by an open mic I hosted at a local coffeehouse Friday night, and then attended a house concert Sunday night with Bob Livingston, who entertained us with great Austin-based music and stories of his years with Jerry Jeff Walker, Michael Martin Murphey, and Ray Wiley Hubbard. Folks of a certain generation will know who these are. I'm probably going to crash sometime today.

Thanks so much to Scott Woosley for his organization. Even though some key folks were engaged elsewhere this weekend everything got covered. Thanks to all the folks who helped with setup and getting everything back in the trailer. And thanks for everyone for being safe.

Bud
Last edited by budweeks on Mon May 21, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kent

Re: 2018 OMR Solos #3 & #4, 5/19 & 5/20

Post by Kent » Mon May 21, 2018 6:16 am

A great weekend for sure!

Awesome courses as always Brad, very challenging to drive well. Reward was due when you were on the line, and payment when you were not. Some fun quicker sections with pucker factor!

Major props to Scott for ensuring our event ran smoothly, I know you put in a ton of effort for the weekend.

Bud, I'm happy I at least beat you on Saturday. Great win on Sunday! Congrats! Some tight racing going on at OMR