10/7 Auto-X car share

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

markyf

10/7 Auto-X car share

Post by markyf » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:21 am

It looks like the Oct 7th Auto-X at Crowder may get some rain. My Firebird does horrible in rain and cold. If anyone out there wants to share a car that does decent in bad weather, let me know. I'll be happy to pay your entry fee for the privilege.
I also have a tablet with "Solo Storm" software, so we can compare our runs. We'll just need a way to lock the tablet down in the car.
You can respond on here, or text/call local area code 8445091.
If the weather forecast cleans up, I may drive my car; I'll decide before I haul my car down there Sun morning.
Mark F
'99 Firebird Formula 6-speed hardtop ESP
'99 Trans Am WS6 6-speed black ragtop ESP
'69 Z28 silver/black DZ302 4-speed SOLD

markyf

Re: 10/7 Auto-X car share

Post by markyf » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:08 pm

Thanks, Jason M, you let me do well in the rain. You have an awesome car and you're an awesome guy!
Mark F
'99 Firebird Formula 6-speed hardtop ESP
'99 Trans Am WS6 6-speed black ragtop ESP
'69 Z28 silver/black DZ302 4-speed SOLD

budweeks

Post by budweeks » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:21 pm

Whoo-ee, did we have a crazy time yesterday. I'm talking about D Street class as well as the rain. DS entries swelled to 7 with the car-hopping of Mark and Sam. You put two excellent drivers in competitive cars, mix in some moisture, and you've got a turn-about in results for DS. Well done Mark and Sam, as well as Jason with 2nd PAX. Mark ended up with top PAX and Sam with 3rd. And the top 6 in PAX were all in DS. How about that?

I'm kicking myself for not putting on my RE71Rs on the front. I think they would have been better in those conditions, but then who knows. The Rivals worked so well in the previous event I guess I didn't figure there would be much difference. Coulda, shoulda, woulda!

Thanks for Scott for his organizational abilities and for all the folks that helped do the set-up and essential tasks. And thanks to Brad for setting up an excellent course. I wish we could have run that in the dry.

Bud

springfielddyno

Post by springfielddyno » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:37 pm

Well, that was fun.

I was disappointed with the weather, and almost left after doing my work assignment in the morning... I've had plenty of rain driving this year. All the 3ish OMR events + freezing Hallett + rain topeka + rain heavy solo nationals day 1 + wet solo nationals day 2. Combine that with a car that needs every ounce of grip to work right, and I wasn't feeling it.

I decided to suck it up, and mounted my rain tires to see what I could learn about the car/tune etc. Last minute, I got hooked up with Jim and slapped my "1's" on his FRS. When I saw how many cars were in DS, I had to add one more. Thanks again Jim. The car was fun with pretty good balance. A little push when too hot into corners, and a little tail happy when done right. Brakes in the rain like it's dry'ish. A fun ride. I couldn't use all the torque due to the conditions which confirmed that my car would have been nothing but fustrating...

Anyway, super happy to finish where I did. Times were so close, I could have easily dropped 4 spots as a tenth covered "the rest of us" as Mark and Jason were checked out!

Sam