Eureka Springs Covette Auto-X, Mark R. gets FTD

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

budweeks

Eureka Springs Covette Auto-X, Mark R. gets FTD

Post by budweeks » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:33 pm

A number of OMR Corvette autocrossers were in Eureka Springs yesterday, Oct. 4, running in the annual autocross, a part of the big weekend gathering for Corvette enthusiasts. There were probably 100 cars running in the event.

Mark Rountree had FTD, besting the next closest driver by .8 sec.
Greg McNabb was third fastest. Also getting good times were (in no particular order) Dave, Phil, Herb, Clark, and John. (I hope I didn't leave anyone out)

Another OMR autocrosser, Ben Whiteacre, has been the event organizer for many years.

I was there just to help out and chase cones. The event was run on the lot of a Chevy dealer. It has a small but unique setup that has two levels, so that you have to go up a small hill, and then down again. No one got airborn this year, nor hit a haybale. It was a nice day.

No monkeys were to be seen anywhere in the vicinity of Mark's back following the autocross.

I guess last year, with the cars full of 93 octane and some drivers fueled by ethanol, the local police department became a bit upset that burnouts were being done on main street. No word of that this year so far.

Bud :-)

crazy eddie

Post by crazy eddie » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:02 pm

Damn.

I hoped the AX would be this Saturday afternoon.
Sherri and I are thinking of road tripping there after work.
Thought I would mix it up with the fiberglassers. :wink:

WTG Mark and all OMR racers.