Traveling Tombstone Rally

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

crazy eddie

Traveling Tombstone Rally

Post by crazy eddie » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:30 am

Any word yet of when my team and I are supposed to dust off the Tombstone and bring her back to defend? :D

Crazy_Dog
Location: Hangin out at the Stick, lookin at a thing in a bag

Post by Crazy_Dog » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:16 pm

saturday the 27th I believe
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

- Jonathan Fessenden, - OMR Board Member

crazy eddie

Post by crazy eddie » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:10 pm

Crazy_Dog wrote:saturday the 27th I believe
While our autox is going on?

crazy eddie

Post by crazy eddie » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:45 am

I spoke with J last night about the conflict and he wondered if we could just run the RR after the AX. I seriously doubt anyone is fair game for a 2-3 hour drive especially with their gear in the car. I proposed we reserve PCP for Sunday the 28th to hold the AX then. Run the TTRR on Saturday as is tradition with it ending up at the OMR Bonfire. As incentive, I suggested we hand out $5 rebate coupons to those drivers & navigators that wish to run at both events.

IF something like this did happen then I would be very inclined to laying down the course for the Sunday AX. :wink:

mlt

Post by mlt » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:56 am

That is a GREAT IDEA ! We (the Taylors) have always wanted to drive in a rally and would be coming to AX anyway!

Can we get that done on such short notice?

I would help any way I can.
gotta go faster !

Crazy_Dog
Location: Hangin out at the Stick, lookin at a thing in a bag

Post by Crazy_Dog » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:52 pm

rr will be held on the 27th, and the auto-x has been moved to the 28th! please help notify the cronies, a mailing will be sent out.

thanks to whoever posts the notices on other boards ;) ;) *hint* ;) ;)
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

- Jonathan Fessenden, - OMR Board Member

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:56 pm

YAY!!!!!
this means i will be autocrossing, rather than hoping my boss lets me....

Now i hope my boss lets me RR!!!
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

crazy eddie

Post by crazy eddie » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:21 pm

will this work for an ad?

======================================

The Ozark Mountain Region SCCA would like to announce the Traveling Tombstone Road Rally will be held Saturday, October 27th. Final details are not available at this time however in the past most of the road rallies have began noonish. The TTRR will conclude at OMR's Annual Bonfire Cookout.

Cost for this event is $10 per team (driver & navigator).
(This is not a sanctioned SCCA event. Costs are to cover expenses for the party afterwards.)
You will need a clipboard, possibly a map, a car with a full tank of gas, a good attitude and the ability to have fun.

The 2006 Traveling Tombstone Rally Winners - Isreal Reagan (navigator) & Ed Hall (driver)

=== ALSO ===

What: Auto Cross LAST Points event for 2007

Date: Sunday October 28th, 2007

Location: Ducks Stadium in Ozark, Mo. Behind Lamberts @ CC and HWY 65!

Time:
Setup begins at 7:30AM (any help is appreciated)
Registration & Tech begins at 9:00AM and closes promptly at 10:30 (don’t be late!)
Runs start at 11:00AM
Show up early to help setup and beat the registration rush and you have a better chance of picking what you do and when you do it!
late registrants run a risk of being assigned were they work and when they run !

Entry Fees:
SCCA members - $20
non-SCCA members - $30
* Everyone entering the site must sign a release and waiver form

Auto Cross is a Time Trial type of Competition. One car goes against the clock against other cars in its class. We set up cones in an road race style course with Slolams, Hair Pins, Straights, Braking Thresholds, and Skid Pads. Runs Usually last 39-65 seconds depending on the course allowing 4-6 runs per driver per day. The course is different every time and new course designs or designers are always welcome. No special cars needed, simply pass tech, grab a helmet and find the limits of yourself, your car & your tires.

The Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) is a Car Club that gets gatherings of gear heads of all types involved in many types of motorsports... Road Racing, Rally, Autocross, Hill Climbs, Track Days, Etc ... and the Ozark Mountain Region (OMR) is a local group of gear heads that make it possible for us to have events locally !

... one more for good measure!
Last edited by crazy eddie on Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

crazy eddie

Post by crazy eddie » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:12 pm

Crazy_Dog wrote:thanks to whoever posts the notices on other boards ;) ;) *hint* ;) ;)
Posted on :
417racing.com
SkidCity.com
GCM
MoKan (KCR SCCA)
AR SCCA
SWMO Racing.com

neil

Post by neil » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:53 pm

Jessica and I will be attending this.
2003 350Z - 23BSP

avdoc

Post by avdoc » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:32 am

I might have over looked this, but what time do we gather for the TTRR, and where?

crazy eddie

Post by crazy eddie » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:42 am

Still undetermined by the Rallymaster Forrest Tindall.

Where : ______________

When : ______________

I will post the information as soon as it is released to me. :D

VONDOOM

Oct 28th auto cross

Post by VONDOOM » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:02 pm

Has anyone looked at the lot. I understand that the truck driving school has been doing a lot of damage.

Will there be timing? Will there be results at the end of the day?

The last two races I went to did not have results at the end of the day. I do not know about the last race since I was not there.

This is just one man's opinion on things.
1. Inexpensive trophies are a great tool to get newbe's back
2. I like to get results at the end of the day, and I believe that other people also would like results.
3. Fun runs should be limited to people who raced the auto cross. It is not fare to allow someone to come in at 2:00 or 3:00 in the afternoon to race. They pay less, get at least as many runs and don't have to work.

I know this sounds very critical and I don't mean it that way. I realize that OMR has a very limited (in count - not ability) core crew. I live a long ways away but I will try to get there early enough to be of some help. I guess that if Jim can do it I can also.

I go to a lot of auto crosses in several regons. In the past if there was a conflict of dates I always picked OMR. Now it is not an automatic choice.
1999 Neon ACR silver
DSP35

JimR

Post by JimR » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:38 pm

For Sunday the 28th, these seem like the biggest concerns:

- Timing equipment works.
- SSS available.
- Web site still has the wrong date. Someone showed up on the wrong day last time. I can't find the password, or I would offer to fix this.

The date of the autocross is not readily apparent from the forum thread titles, either. I hope word gets out in time, because half the people who show up come from well outside of the Springfield area (SE KS, NW AR, etc).

Bob, the lot was usable last month, even though the writing is on the wall. The back section has one bad crater to avoid now and some rough patches. It's still possible to use lay down a pretty good course without safety or fun problems.

Weathering/icing will only accelerate the damage being done by the trucking school in the back section of Ducks. That is only one of a few looming problems that OMR needs to discuss to have a 2008 autocross season (IMHO). Maybe that's not the scope of this thread, but it's something we will need to talk up when we are all in one place on the 28th.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

crazy eddie

Post by crazy eddie » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:19 pm

JimR wrote:That is only one of a few looming problems that OMR needs to discuss to have a 2008 autocross season (IMHO). Maybe that's not the scope of this thread, but it's something we will need to talk up when we are all in one place on the 28th.
Well from what I have been hearing, Bob's concerns of the fun run peeps will be eliminated along with alot of non-members that are currently regulars to OMR events thanks to the SCCA.

The "lot" has been sketchy this year for maintaining dates (IMHO), so I would not expect to see it be available next year even if the winter weather does not finish off the surface.

Probably OMR's biggest concern looming for 2008 is finding a Solo II Manager to start working on the other things since Jonathan is probably leaving.

As far as teh dates go, I think the thread (ad) reads pretty clear what is happening when (for what info I had to work with). Granted it doesn't reflect the posted date on the website, however OMR was supposed to be doing a mailing to notify it's members of teh changes.

Jonathan says the timers will be at the track this month.

I am doing teh course. Trying for the East Course at Nationals.

SSS. I dunno but hope so. :D