Fairgrounds AutoX Sites

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Ted Wells

Fairgrounds AutoX Sites

Post by Ted Wells » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:01 pm

Since I have been prohibitted from joining the "Head Office" thread.....

The name of the interim manager of the fairgrounds is DAN KINNEY....he is the retired head of the Springfield/Greene Co. Parks Dept.....I suspect he can be reached thru the Parks Dept. main office....see phone book.

Many years ago....we attempted to rent the Fairgrounds carnival lot for autocrosses......fee quoted then was $1200 per event.....

For what it's worth.....

bugzaper

Re: Fairgrounds AutoX Sites

Post by bugzaper » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:37 pm

Ted Wells wrote:Since I have been prohibited from joining the "Head Office" thread.....

The name of the interim manager of the fairgrounds is DAN KINNEY....he is the retired head of the Springfield/Greene Co. Parks Dept.....I suspect he can be reached thru the Parks Dept. main office....see phone book.

Many years ago....we attempted to rent the Fairgrounds carnival lot for autocrosses......fee quoted then was $1200 per event.....

For what it's worth.....

What, why and how come are my questions as to you not being allowed to join the "Head Office" ? Does this "Head Office" not know who you are and what you have done over the years for the sport? Maybe and hopefully this is just a mis-understanding.

Yes, Springfield is very proud of their parking lots....... :roll:

magilson

Post by magilson » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:57 pm

first of all, it just got implemented and as the explanation thread states it's trial and error at this point (the very reason it takes so long to get someone access is the reason the group was created so that one person wasn't doing everything and therefore less was missed. Obviously we are still working on that and I think we would all appreciate some patience). In fact, a thread was created to spark interest in the group which you must have overlooked. second, it was implemented as an open place for those who are on the semi-official autocross committee (those who have specifically pledged to help organize and implement the 2008 season so people do not get "burnt out" anymore). If you want "in" I’m sure all of us would welcome more help. Again all of this was explained very well in the explanation thread. You might consider re-reading it.

"The Ozark Mountain Region SCCA has a volunteer group of autocrossers that are serving as impromptu cabinet to the Solo II Pres. err Manager.

Here, they will keep you posted on topics concerning the autocross program at the OMR SCCA.

You can only read posts by the moderators & admins and vote on polls.

Should enough good reply posts be made then maybe permission changes will be in order.

If it is a matter of dire importance, then do not hesitate to PM the post maker.

Thank you for your time."

Also, we also have several people who are working to find out what will be necessary for use of the lot. In fact two people are looking into it through their contacts. If you know people with the city then I'm sure we could use more help!

Again, this is not meant to keep anyone out. There has been plenty of notice for these meetings and there will continue to be more meetings in the future. We decided that rather than make decisions in private that we would create a thread that would allow everyone to see what was being discussed and encourage them to come to the meetings. (I think we can all see that abrasive behavior tends to be the norm during many of these online conversations or at the very least ideas are not conveyed as successfully as they could if we were all to meet in person)

In any case we still do pay attention to discussions taking place in other threads so by all means get your ideas out in any way you can. As suggested PM's or other threads will work well if you cannot meet with us in person.
Matt Gilson
06 United Gray GTI

JimR

Post by JimR » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:53 pm

Now is the time to start the dialogue with the Fairgrounds.

Ducks Stadium has a couple of issues, one with a nonchalant manager who tends to double-book events without checking. The other is rental to a trucking school that is destroying the surface in the back part of the lot. The back section of the site will not be usable for very much longer.

Public venues are negotiable, and I suspect the $1,200 Fairgrounds pricetag can change with the right connections and a measure of earned trust.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD