December 9th "Last Coooold Chance" Autocross Point

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:21 am

Unstable wrote: Cable Chains or Studs illegal? :P

A. only if we get a thick pack of ice first!
and
B. We will go to RallyX rules, and that will bump you into a rally spec class!!!
speed is relative... ...but the feeling is absolute

vdub kirk

Post by vdub kirk » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:42 pm

so how bad does the weather have to get before this thing gets cancelled. . . er. . . .rescheduled? 8) how does that all work? this is my first season, so i know not. i mean, can it get scratched the morning of? i dont care really how the weather is, just wondering on safety rules or whatnot. thanx.
duffstudswoop in a jetta 1.8t
some say the outline of his left areola is the exact same as the Nurburgring Nordschleife. . . all we know is . . . he's called, "The Stig!"

Crazy_Dog
Location: Hangin out at the Stick, lookin at a thing in a bag

Post by Crazy_Dog » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:51 pm

we have to have 25 people show up. so if there is 10" of snow on the groud and 25 people are there (give or take a few) we will be running. thats about it. I'll be setting up rain or shine
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

- Jonathan Fessenden, - OMR Board Member

avdoc

Post by avdoc » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:08 pm

I will try to be there to make the 25, anyone else? Being a mid-engine, I may have to drive home backwords if it gets bad, you know like a FWD. :lol: :lol:

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:42 pm

Guys:

There is a pretty good chance I won't be able to assist or participate on Sunday. My father slipped on the ice Thursday, and fractured a bone in his hip. I'll likely be assisting him unless I can determine another arrangement.

zoomzoom
MazdaSpeed3

Corolla DRiveR

Post by Corolla DRiveR » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:53 pm

zoomzoom, thats horrible. sorry to hear that your dad is injured. I wish him the best.

I will be there sunday for sure. I may or may not be there to set up early, but Im gonna try to be there to set up.

ooh ooh 100th post!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:21 am

All i can say kids.... is Bundle up!!!! Freezing temps have now crept in by noon! :?

JimR

Post by JimR » Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:09 pm

I am going to try and make it. The latest weather from Weather.com and the NOAA both say it will be a bit too warm for any ice, sleet, or snow.

Rain and cold haven't stopped me from autocrossing before. Should be just fine for tomorrow.

The Sentra is leaking a little transmission fluid. I'll get under the car and see if it's serious or not. The G20 may make a triumphant reappearance. :P
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

joehyundai

Post by joehyundai » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:06 pm

Sorry to hear about your dad Chuck. Hope he recovers quickly.

If all goes well, I will also be bringing a mid engine car (or rear) .

Keeping my fingers crossed but my Mgr. has been whining about tire wear. :roll:
2005 Hyundai Tiburon SE
Friendly Ford

bontakun
Site Admin

Post by bontakun » Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:47 pm

I'll be out there to help unless there is a significant amount of ice, although racing in anything other than lukewarm rain is out for me.

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:11 pm

Our Weather Alert Radio just went off with an ice storm warning beginning Sunday AM through Monday. :shock:

Be careful all.
/O.CON.KSGF.IS.W.0002.000000T0000Z- 071210T0000Z/ /O.CON.KSGF.WS.A. 0003.071210T0000Z-071211T1900Z/ BOURBON-CRAWFORD-CHEROKEE-BENTON- MORGAN-MILLER-MARIES-VERNON- ST. CLAIR- HICKORY-CAMDEN-PULASKI-PHELPS-BARTON- CEDAR-POLK-DALLAS- LACLEDE-TEXAS-DENT- JASPER-DADE-GREENE-WEBSTER-WRIGHT- NEWTON- LAWRENCE- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...FORT SCOTT...PITTSBURG... BAXTER SPRINGS...COLUMBUS...WARSAW...COLE CAMP...VERSAILLES... ELDON...LAKE OZARK...VIENNA...NEVADA...APPLETON CITY...OSCEOLA... HERMITAGE...OSAGE BEACH...CAMDENTON...FORT LEONARD WOOD... WAYNESVILLE...ROLLA...LAMAR... EL DORADO SPRINGS...STOCKTON... BOLIVAR...BUFFALO...LEBANON... HOUSTON...CABOOL...SALEM...JOPLIN... CARTHAGE...GREENFIELD...SPRINGFIELD... MARSHFIELD...ROGERSVILLE... MOUNTAIN GROVE...MANSFIELD...NEOSHO...AURORA... MOUNT VERNON 207 AM CST SUN DEC 9 2007
...ICE STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS AFTERNOON... ... WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON...

AN ICE STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS AFTERNOON FOR SOUTHEAST KANSAS AND MUCH OF THE MISSOURI OZARKS ALONG AND NORTH OF HIGHWAY 60. A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY AFTERNOON.

A MAJOR ICE STORM WAS DEVELOPING FROM SOUTHEAST KANSAS INTO CENTRAL MISSOURI EARLY SUNDAY MORNING. MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING RAIN ACCOMPANIED AT TIMES WITH LIGHTNING AND SLEET WILL FALL AT TIMES FROM THE COLUMBUS AND PITTSBURG KANSAS AREAS NORTHEAST TO THE LAKE OF THE OZARKS REGION WHERE POTENTIALLY DAMAGING ICE ACCUMULATIONS WILL OCCUR. TOTAL ICE ACCUMULATIONS OF ONE HALF TO ONE INCH WILL OCCUR WITH LOCALIZED AMOUNTS UP TO ONE AND A HALF INCHES IN THIS AREA. THESE ACCUMULATIONS WILL LIKELY LEAD TO POWER OUTAGES AND DOWNED TREE BRANCHES.

THE FREEZING RAIN WILL SPREAD SOUTH TO THE INTERSTATE 44 CORRIDOR INCLUDING SPRINGFIELD AROUND 5 AM...AND REACH HIGHWAY 60 BY 8 AM. PERIODS OF FREEZING RAIN WILL CONTINUE DURING THE DAY SUNDAY. TOTAL ICE ACCUMULATIONS AROUND ONE QUARTER TO LOCALLY ONE HALF OF INCH ARE EXPECTED ALONG THE INTERSTATE 44 CORRIDOR.

SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES ARE POSSIBLE.
of course it doesn't mention Christian Co. or Ozark. :wink:
Last edited by Unstable on Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

avdoc

Post by avdoc » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:09 pm

Anyone think a first time autoX would be best performed on wet, cold, rainy, sleety pavement? LOL- Gotta learn somehow. See ya tomorrow :shock: :shock:

AutoXChris

Post by AutoXChris » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:14 pm

lol do your deceloration and breaking before the corner!

avdoc

Post by avdoc » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:20 pm

AutoXChris wrote:lol do your deceloration and breaking before the corner!
Thanks Bro- I did a little practicing this evening on NN, (cough-cough). It will take a bit, but the main thing I worry about is understeer, on a car that it's a problem on anyway. Wet pavement makes it more pronounced. The good thing is controlling it with the throttle should be easier on wet pavement if the driver was good. I will take it easy anyway my first time out. I have nothing to prove to anyone anyway, just excited to get a run this year. Thanks Guys, See ya in the AM.

JimR

Post by JimR » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:20 am

This I didn't expect:
THE FREEZING RAIN WILL SPREAD SOUTH TO THE INTERSTATE 44 CORRIDOR INCLUDING SPRINGFIELD AROUND 5 AM...AND REACH HIGHWAY 60 BY 8 AM. PERIODS OF FREEZING RAIN WILL CONTINUE DURING THE DAY SUNDAY. TOTAL ICE ACCUMULATIONS AROUND ONE QUARTER TO LOCALLY ONE HALF OF INCH ARE EXPECTED ALONG THE INTERSTATE 44 CORRIDOR.
I was planning on leaving here in a few minutes to be in time to help set up, but it's looking like a dicey drive from where I am.

The ice line on the radar is moving South towards the roads I need to take. :(

I'll check back in a little while and see if I can make it.
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD