OMR election time, and a humble suggestion!

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

JimR

OMR election time, and a humble suggestion!

Post by JimR » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:24 pm

It's OMRSCCA election season, and I suspect everyone just received a ballot for the open positions on the OMR Board of Directors.

You might have noticed my name - Jim Rowland - is one of your choices this time, so let me make a brief introduction for those who do not know me.

I joined the SCCA in 1998, and have been autocrossing since 1999. I have run countless local events with half a dozen regions from tiny to huge, and competed in divisional and National level Solo2. I have also participated in drags, lapdays, and SCCA RallyCross, and done a fair amount of spectating and "crewing" (beer-drinking) with the road racing and stage rally set, too. What it takes to (successfully) organize and compete in amateur motorsports is not foreign to me.

I know that volunteerism, communication, and participation are more important than anything. The smaller SCCA regions especially live and die by the efforts of a very few people. Things like elections, meetings, and event organization are nowhere near as fun as the racing itself, but you want capable and dedicated people on board to make it happen right.

I was asked to run based on my experience with Solo event operations especially, and accepted because I want to help OMR's biggest program succeed. If I am not elected, you will not hurt my feelings, because I am neither a power-tripper or a control freak - people like that are damaging to a club. I'll still be one of the first people on site at autocrosses like usual. However, if you want someone to serve the club, make right-minded calls, and promote events that rival or beat the quality of much bigger regions, don't forget your ballots!

It's easy:
1) Open the ballot.
2) Choose up to four people. I personally recommend Jim Rowland be one of those four.
3) Mail it back THIS WEEK!

Thanks,
Jim
Jim Rowland - Your friendly OMR volunteer at large
'92 Sentra SE-R / '15 FR-S / '04 Silverado HD

Corolla DRiveR

Post by Corolla DRiveR » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:08 pm

/enable-jedi mind trick/

"this IS the Jim Rowland you have been looking for"

(note to self: wave hands around in the air mystically)
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington