Year End Points

Upcoming event announcements, results, and discussions.

Moderators: flogger, SilverYota, JimR, Thorox

Crazy_Dog
Location: Hangin out at the Stick, lookin at a thing in a bag

Year End Points

Post by Crazy_Dog » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:53 am

ok so I have spend the last few hours getting the august event in the compy correctly....
then I went over each event of the year and updated the pax calculators

and while there is still a mistake in the yep file
the aug event is the 7th event and the sep event is the 6th.
it dont matter on the whole. so I'm not gonna fix it :)

I think I have everything corrected and laid out right. doiuble checked it to be sure. but if you think there might be a mistake, feel free to message me!

I will note this

those of you who changed classes, numbers ect during the year

your year end points are biased ONLY on the best of 4 runs PER class PER number.

I did my best to find all the numbers and link them together. but classes I cannot merge as thats against the rules ;)

so a word of warning for next year. when we are doing 6 or 7 events in a year. you change classes mid season and you wont have the points to even place in the YEP much less win.
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

- Jonathan Fessenden, - OMR Board Member

Crazy_Dog

Post by Crazy_Dog » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:07 pm

http://www.omrscca.org//Solo2Results/20 ... 007yep.htm

http://www.omrscca.org//Solo2Results/20 ... paxyep.htm

now currently I'm looking into the points options.

currently the software calculates this at 9, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1,

this is the way its been done the past 3 years. but apparently the supps might state that I'm supposed to calculate it with different numbers.

Crazy_Dog

Post by Crazy_Dog » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:25 pm

FYI: the results that are up on the website are still the old ones taht are calculated on the 2006 pax indexes. I have recalculated them all on the laptop with 2007 paxes, but have not updated the website. so if your still looking at those numbers. they are still wrong because I never uploaded the new results.

mlt

Post by mlt » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:04 pm

so that is all the winners we had for 2007 ? It seems alot less than before, what if you added in more race or just the whole year to figure it. But I guess it will be less trophies to buy. But it seems to me that if the problem has always been that the road racers out number the autocross. then we should do everything in our power to present the opposite to be true. Auto cross rules !

Please correct me if I am wrong. (but be nice)

We don't want to give the impression that there is less and less interest. MORE ! MORE !

Lisa
gotta go faster !

Crazy_Dog

Post by Crazy_Dog » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:36 pm

next year it will be big trophy time because everyone will be a member. at least I think that is how it will work out.

Unstable

Post by Unstable » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:01 am

Crazy_Dog wrote:next year it will be big trophy time because everyone will be a member. at least I think that is how it will work out.
So OMR is planning on giving trophies to temp-members as well ?

If that is the case then there is no real reason to become a real SCCA member if you only have to run 4 AutoXs to qualify for a year-end trophy and you aren't planning on running in a Divisional or National event.

Only incentive will be for the real members to run harder so a temp member doesn't knock them out of points that could decide thier year-end finish, especially for the PAX/AXotY guys that need every autox to count.

This sounds alot like letting someone buy an Olympic suit and drop in an event to try to get a gold and knock someone else's chances that has trained for years to get there.

Lisa, any word on why there is no National Tour in AR. this year and just a Pro Solo at WR?
Crazy Eddie Hall :: '92 Civic HB red (Pepe' - my lil' mule) :: XP #97 & PF #97:: Team Krazo Racing

Crazy_Dog

Post by Crazy_Dog » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:19 pm

I dont see why paying $15 extra, being forced to become a 1 month member. shouldnt allow you to make a run for the year end points.
still gotta get 4. still got a max of 6 events. someone who places second in 6 events. will beat someone who places first in 4.

the extra money will make the 6 events worth being a full time member for....

this is all un-offical musings on my part. not asked the boards opinion on this yet. (fyi)

squarestump

Post by squarestump » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:14 pm

what about SM2 class? i dont see it on year end points chart
Drifting a corner near you...